Songfic: Delusion Girl

(literally however old you are is how old you are here thanks)

Still and dull, until I pull out a lie

Putting a joker's card on your lip you calmly whisper a goodbye before throwing it into a pile of other cards. Triple ace, joker. You take out all of your puny cards in the deck only to put them back and do it all over again.

"Who shall I be today?" You whisper as you close your eyes, picking out an 8 of hearts. Okay. 8 of hearts, three aces, and a joker. You're a loving person with three siblings. Maybe you steal food for them. That's a good excuse.

Flying from shame

Nobody can hate you if you are different every day. None of their insults would be accurate. You just need to hide away the real you and you'll be fine. You'll be perfect.

Made up and fake enough to wear a grin of fiction

Today you're going to be a good mother. Putting the cards back in the deck you quickly shuffle to get your bag, rushing out the door.

Soon another smothered dawn is offed, along with any honest front

You rush into a crowd, fingers dancing as you sink into people's pockets and see what you can get. You worked carefully, mouth filled with pre thought of excuses.

As the platform brings in hordes, my tired eyes

The air was fierce as you admired everybody's charms. You came out with random crumbled papers and some change. Some change... it's enough to buy you bread for the day. That's good enough. When you look up after counting the change you make eye contact with somebody. 

Spot change to my life

No, that's bad. You never make eye contact. Especially not with boys. Especially not with cute boys.

When you look at them your heart stops. It feels weird. What is this feeling? Are you supposed to feel this way? Is this a feeling a liar can feel? Can a joker too feel love? 

He stands so close to you, in arms reach. It's so odd. You've never been so close to a cute boy before.

A little girl, alone

Your hands started shaking, some pennies escaping your grip. When you bend down to pick them up your hand touches somebody else. Oh no, he's nice. What do you do? You didn't look at him.

A man who manages throwing out his hand, 

He holds out his hand to you, trying to give you back the change. You shake your head. 

"You can keep it now." You say.

Who doesn't care if his own life is spared

He laughs, taking your hand and forcing the change into it. "I think you need it more than I do." When you look up at his face you can see a smile. A smile. And it's like - real. A real smile. Insane. And he looks about your age. It's odd, since you're young compared to the common red. He's young too. Interesting.

You hold the chain tightly as he takes a step back, giving you space.

With a crash I'm trapped back in reality

"Who are you?" He asks. You can't think for a second. What do you answer with? Do you tell the truth? You almost blurt out your real name. You have to stop yourself. What were you thinking? Get ahold of yourself. Your typical badass feel is getting ruined by this boy

"I have to go," you whisper. You didn't even answer his question. He grabs your arm, causing you to look back at him.

Though I claim I'm not in pain, I just can't admit it hurts

Why can't he just leave you alone? Why is he so obsessed with you? Even though he annoys you, you kind of want him to stay. Something about him is so peculiar. Look who's talking. Maybe that's why he wants you.

"What is your name?" He tries to ask.

Routine dry, these tired eyes are dim with life

You soften, tired. You give into him.

"(Y/N)." You whisper.

If only I could stop time...

You look away. He let go of you, walking by your side. When you look up to him you see his blue eyes that are full of hope.

Crazy, yes maybe I've lost my mind, but I won't stand by as someone else dies

"Leave me alone." You whisper, trying to walk away again. He doesn't allow you to walk away. He walks next to you, not smiling anymore.

"My name is Maven." He says. 

Every hero knows when they're needed

"Congratulations," you say. He goes quiet. You reach your house. Should you really be leading him to your actual home? What if he's a stalker. Disgusting.

In my last moment all I see

You walk up to the door quietly. He stays behind. You look back at him one more time.

Are that girl's vacant eyes smiling at me

You smile at him, giving a wink before stepping in. Once you close the door you groan. Jesus christ why did you do that. That was disgusting.