The Flower We Saw That Day: The White Dress with a Ribbon

The White Dress with a Ribbon

"I think I figured it out," Mare said to the group. She was sitting on an old bean chair, her favorite spot as a child. The barbeque is really fun. Tense at first, but everybody got used to each other again. Maven has been stressed ever since he first came here. He doesn't know where you are. You've disappeared.

"I think Maven can see her because he loved her the most," Mare finished. Samson's eyebrow twitched. How could she possibly know that? How does she know Maven loved you more than Samson did? Iris's cheeks reddened. Yeah, to her, that makes sense. She couldn't help her eyes as they fell upon Samson. Only she knows. 

Maven avoids everybody's glances, not wanting to admit or deny his feelings for you. His hands begin to tremble at the thought. Can he admit how he feels about you? The undying regret and love he tries to hide away.

Iris clears her throat, taking Samson's hand and leading him outside. Kilorn tries to interject, but Iris ignores him. Her stormy eyes lead her through the forest to the X marking the spot.

As they are gone, Kilorn tells the group of stories about the forest, telling of ghosts and spirits haunting the bridge you fell from. Mare laughed at his stories, listening to every word. Maven just tuned him out and tried to not think too hard about it. Of course, you show up to him. He does love you. He always has. He can't let you go.

"Ohh, what's that?" Kilorn points into the forest. Mare hits his arm, leaning forward in her beanbag chair, "knock it off," she says. Kilorn shakes his head. Maven looks up, looking around where Kilorn was pointing. He's right. There's something in the bushes. He can see flashes of white. Somebody's running.

"Is that (Y/N)?" Mare whispers. Iris shows herself as she walks back into the shed. "I think there's something out there," Kilorn informs her. Iris turns around and looks out. The hypervisible white dress was clearly seen running away. Everybody jumps out, and Maven's heart starts to beat. Are you really there? Running to the bridge like you did on that night? 

Everybody begins to chase after the person, assumed to be you. Everybody except Iris. She walks slowly behind them, knowing what is to come.

"(Y/N)," Maven whispers to the figure, standing with it's back turned to him. Kilorn and Mare both surround it before Maven places his hand on its shoulder. Clenching his fist, Samson turned around. His long (H/C) wig looked too real, but of course, he was too large to be you. On a call, you run up behind Maven and stare at Samson with wide eyes. 

"Sam..." you push past Maven, walking in front of Samson. You try to wipe his tears. This time, your hand doesn't disappear. There's no hope, all there is is fear.