Songfic: Love Sickness

(uGH A HAPPY SONG

But JubyPhonic is my wife so :3)

Winter everywhere, feeling a change in the air 

 So blame the season because it's reason that I long to be over there

You sit down in a puffy chair, the warmth of the seat scaring you for a second. Maven laughs from where he stood before placing his hand on your shoulder. His hand is hot as hell, the conflicting temperature causes goosebumps to go through you. He seems to feel the same. As an ice manipulator, everywhere you go turns into winter. Maven is the only person who even considers being around you since he's always in summer.

Feeling the way I do, it really isn't fair 

Then I think about the starry night alive and bright

A blush appears on your face as you try to hide it with your hands. Maven sits in the chair across from you with a small grin on his face. He loves hanging out with you. Everything he does makes you smile, every part of him was beautiful. 

And yet I still would never dare, LOVE YOU? NO! 

 Never gonna say it, no you're ALL WRONG, ALL WRONG

Everybody from Evangeline to Wren are pretty sure you're in love with him. All you do is deny them. Maven, somebody so handsome and amazing and beautiful and loving and... pshhhhhhhh, there's no way you like him!... right?

Oh no, what if you've fallen for the fire prince? He'd probably hate having you with him. Oh jeez, now you're face is like 100x redder than before! Nice going, (Y/N), you're thoughts are screwing you over! 

Loving you is harder alone, we'd make a great team 

 Why not give hand already? Beat my beating heart 

 You're the only person to blame, start doing your part

Your life would be beautiful with Maven in it. Somebody with those eyes will have tons of ladies falling for them, right? From what you know, nobodies fallen for him. Was it his mother? Was it just him? Why did nobody like this smol child. You're happy nobody does, it gives you no competition.

"(Y/N) are you okay?" Maven asks with a quiet voice. Your pupils dilate a bit before you make eye contact with him. You smile nervously, "I'm fine I swear." 

Being even more than a friend, ending with "I do" 

 What if you're in love with me, but I really didn't see? 

 Shouldn't be so hard to figure I'm the only one you need

Of course Maven probably likes you back. You're almost a queen and you control ice, so badass! Maven would be more than happy to have a warrior by his side. He's happy he gets to choose who he gets to married, he'd definitely choose you. 

Maven looks at you, his heart beating faster.

You eyelashes flutter as you start blushing again

You both think the same thing, "Love sick is a real disease."

Planned on making you mine, failing every time that I try

Evangeline pushes you to him. She finds this hilarious. Somebody as nervous as you would loose to her in a second, so she's feels the need to help. You would stutter constantly when you tried asking him out. You feel like vomiting every time. Maven just laughs as you say "never mind." Does he know?

Live today without regret or pain, 

Learning from all the errors you made 

The room gets colder as you fiddled with your fingers. It was in a ballroom, the perfect atmosphere to dance with him. He was talking to people. His face was serious. You didn't want to interrupt him, you were too scared of making him mad. 

Hearing how they compliment and praise you all the time 

Can't help but feel a little pride somewhere inside 

But if it's from other girls... 

Well, sure, then anyone would be a little worried then

People come and go, talking to you and complimenting your dress. Your eyes were on Maven the entire time. He danced with nobody, like he was saving himself.

Loving you is bitter alone, so bad I can't drink 

Why not give hand? You really beat up my beating heart 

Nothing ever stopping the pain, so why don't I start 

You walk up to Maven with a smile on your face. You say no words. After all the times you've died stutter you decide not to say anything. He looks at you, his eyes shine.

Being even more than a friend is all I want now 

 Wouldn't it be funny if you fell for me? Suddenly? 

 Why not try imagining stuff? Just seeing where it leads...

You suck up a breathe as you take his hand. Areyoureallydoingthis. You start regretting even walking up. What are you doing? What if you denies you? Oh no now you look really weird. You lead Maven to the dance floor, not even looking at him. "Love sick is a real disease!" You whisper under you breath. Once  you reach a spot you're happy in you turn to face him, grabbing both of his hands. Your dress moves with you as you begin to dance with him. He quickly catches on as he grabs ahold of your waist. This startles you at first but you knock your nervousness out of your head.

But the moment I knew what I felt was love 

Yeah, I was honestly happy then

You walk closer to him as you rest your head in his chest. His entire body warm up for a second, like he's nervous or angry. Oh shit... One of those is way worse than the other. You look up at him for a second just to make sure he isn't about to burn you. He smiles down at you. Oh thank god. His lips find themselves at your forehead at he kisses you lightly. 

"We should dance more often." He whispers. You blush and nod, not looking him in the eyes. The entire ballroom has their eyes on you, whispering about the opposite elements forming a bond. Evangeline grabs Ptolemus's arm and whispers about how awesome she is. Cal is proud of his little brother. It's such a beautiful sight.