One Shot: 17th Century

(Today in class we had to write a diary entry in the mindset of somebody who is in the 7th century and I wrote this.

Of course, edited to fit Maven X Reader

Written in Maven's POV

17TH CENTURY AU

and btw the original is gay and biracial thanks

This is like in the 7th century if reds were slaves because idk

And this is like smol Maven too, like nice Maven because idk)

'We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal,' there are works of literally by both Paine and Jefferson that are shown saying every man should have equal rights. These... written by men who owns reds. Like Jefferson, I stand in a place where I can treat my slaves however I want with no punishment. Unlike Jefferson, I choose not to. As a son in a family of wealth, I see the mindset of these people every day. All these people thirst for the feeling to be greater than somebody else.

Not that I completely disagree, I own reds, I do not treat them unfairly. My mother who I live with, wants me to. She says it's what I need to learn to be able to become successful. Whenever my mother slips out of sight I treat that, dare I confess, red like a friend. The name of this red never passes their lips, they say they aren't supposed to share that information. Mother says their name doesn't matter. It should matter.

The red has a family, she tells what they're like and who they are. The red tells me about culture and beliefs. When they do, they smile. Their smile... so beautiful. I shouldn't feel this way about them... but they're so addicting.

I wish that one-day slavery will not exist, one day that red and silvers can reunite only because I want the red in my hands. I want them to be free, to be free with me. A part of me knows that day will never come. I dream of a life where I and them can be together.

All I can do is look at them, talk with them only in private. I fear if anybody ever sees them smile at me they will be punished. I swear to myself I won't let that happen. I swear to myself that one day-- oh, mother's coming. I have to g