Songfic: Chiruchiru

The words are falling out but they were never really needed

"I'm sorry," you say to Evangeline. You were the one to started the fight. You're trained to apologize for your mess. Maven peers at you from across the room before returning to his meal.

You watch your silver blood trickle down your arm. The liquid's touch is soothing as it stains your flesh. There's a knife in your arm. But that's normal. The constant fights with Evangeline say this. Without a reaction, you pull the knife out and heal yourself. Everybody watches. Your blood pulsates through your veins. Stop looking at me

Agreeing that we're seeing eye to eye, looking on blind

When you stand up straight, you're the same height as her. Evangeline grabs your hand, looking at the now non-existent wound. Her hand in wrapped perfectly around you, it's framed so close to perfection. You look up at her. She shakes her head, letting go and turning to Ptolemus. She says some words you don't pay attention to. You just stare across the room, looking at Maven. He often glances your way.

I'm out of my league but you're out of your mind

You and Maven make eye contact. It's solid. You blush as you look away. It's not the time to go towards your feelings. You have had a crush on Maven since you were a child. The highhouses always had the children be familiar with each other, you were just added to that bunch with your unusually incredible mimicking skills.

Our love is six feet under though you've never even spoken

Ever since you first saw Maven, you've rarely spoken to him. You find it hard to. You're scared to mess up, what if you do something wrong?

Even now, as young teens, you find it difficult to even say hello to him. 

Evangeline talks to Ptolemus. There's a long table leading to Maven, who sits alone. There are broken plates and glasses from the fight you had. There's nowhere to breathe.

Keep me away, I'm done breaking everything

You turn around, ready to walk out of the dark room. You feel as if everyone is watching you. Everything can be over once you leave the room. You can repress the memories, your life will be the same. Just ignore the feeling and stop thinking about it.

But here you go again calling out for me

"(Y/N)," Maven calls out. When you turn around he's standing by the mess, trying to grab the many pieces of glass. "Can you help me?" He asks. You stare at him for a second, trying to muster up the capability to walk up and accompany him.

I'm too far away, too close to being hurt the same

You eventually do it. You grab plates, holding them in your twitching hand. This is so embarrassing. You don't look at Maven, you try not to think about him. You two come up with a routine. He grabs the glass, you grab the plates. That's how it was supposed to be, right?

But when your hands both touch...

Our love burning a fire, but don't touch the flame 

Your repressed feelings return. You blush, immediately pull away. This sudden movement makes the plates in your hand slide. You hold them, none of them dropping like they originally planned too. A thought runs through your head, you're happy these plates aren't made of metal. Evangeline wouldn't hesitate to embarrass you.

You can feel the room heating up, something about Maven is different. His teenage face is pure red when you look at him. He turns away, hands full of glass.

You're burning up the room and soon me too if I don't reply

"Sorry," you say to him. He doesn't reply. You just follow him to the garbage as you both drop the broken objects into it. It's quiet, something doesn't feel right. Standing next to Maven just feels wrong.

The air just isn't fair, pushing me down to the ground now

You want to move away. The thought of leaving is once again your main priority. But when Maven trots out the door first, you don't want it to look like you were following him. Now you're stuck in the room with the Samos siblings. But a second later, they walk out the door too.

You're looking right on through me like you never even knew me

Evangeline glances at you, clicking her tongue in disappointment. Ptolemus acts like you don't even exist. Now you stand in a broken room all on your own. Eventually, too, you have to walk out. The hallway compared to that room is Heaven. The light seeps through the glass windows and gives a better atmospheric feel.

I guess that it's great you never got to say 

You see Maven walk away, getting closer to a rounded corner. Your heartbeat quickens a bit. He walks like a king. Do you walk like a queen? Probably not. You walk like a (Y/N).

Your face in the crowd disappear and scatter all around

After watching him walk, you turn around and walk to your own guest room. Today is a horrible day. You wish it will never occur again.