Songfic: Jack's Lament

(I'm watching Nightmare Before Christmas as I'm typing this b y e

Have you ever taken a moment to appreciate Jack's voice actor

He's so good??? I've never noticed until right now??

Also: if you don't know what a succubus is you might be confused haha)

With the wave of my hand and a well-placed moan

You smile, your hair cast away from your face as you lean out a window. The townspeople see this and send good vibes your way. You blow kisses to them. Idiots, you think.

I have swept the very bravest off their feet

From the window of your two-storied home, you stole everyone's heart, the beautiful towns widow. Everyone wanted to protect you, to make you happy once again. The sad girl who's husband went missing, o where ever did he go?

Yet year after year, it's the same routine

You were the only one who knew where your husband went. In the backyard obviously. You buried him alive.

Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones

An emptiness began to grow

You longed for somebody, anybody, to satisfy you're beating red heart. 

There's something out there, far from my home

You know the kingdom has what you're looking for. A commoner like you deserves way more than a simple house. You deserve a palace, a country. Somebody as beautiful as yourself deserved the world.

A longing that I've never known

One night, you drape your cloak over your body as you walk out your front door. The town is dark at night, the quiet soothing you. You walk out into the woods with no lantern, no sight. You head towards the Calore's home.

I am the master of fright and a demon of light

You sigh softly, letting the cloak wrap around you more as you stand in your place. Not a normal red, you're definitely not. You wouldn't even consider yourself human. As you lift up your arms in the hypnotic trance you turned into something transparent. You sprouted wings from your back, ones that resemble bats. You turned erasable, you turned immune. Your body sinks into the shadows as it had a whole new aspect of the world. From below the world turns black and white, you look up at the moon that seemed to far to even see. You can see the tree roots that hang like crystals. You can see tiny animals that live in the dirt that just feels like oxygen to you. You feel like a ghost - no, you are a ghost.

But who here would ever understand

You traveled to the Calore castle quickly, your feet blowing through the dirt as you basically flew. At night the shadows are thick, easier to hide. Easier to sneak.

Would tire of his crown, if they only understood

Once you reached the castle you were excited, running through the shadows as the ghost of silhouette flew across the walls. One with the shadows, one with the night.

Each individual heartbeat was so fresh to you, like the music of the night. You peered into a room, sliding right through the shadows of the door. From outside you could hear the wolves crying out to the moon. You smile as you creep up on the person in the bed, waiting to see what crown their mind is decorated with. They have dark hair, hiding their face as they slept on their back. Dreamless. You stand in his room, both of your hands running through your hair as you feel your physical body return to you. You can stand, you can feel. Good. 

The moonlight brushes against your skin and hair making you glow, looking otherworldly as you crawl on the bed. You move quietly against the red blankets above his body. Once you're satisfied with your position you begin trying to seduce him. Your hips grind against his as you sit on top of him. You use your succubus spell to make sure he stays asleep.

He'd give it all up if he only could

You put your hands on his cheeks.

"Make me yours," you whisper to his sleeping body. You touch him with your succubus nails as you rub your fingertips down his neck. You knew what was happening in his dreams, the way that sweet began to form from his forehead and his crotch area get harder. Licking your lips as you rub his temples. 

Oh, there's an empty place in my bones

You knew this would work, it's how you married rich with your original husband. 

The fame and praise come year after year 

And one day eventually you'll marry this prince that now lays beneath you, and one day you'll kill him and take his riches. It's the succubus way.