Songfic: Candy Apple

(Idk it's pretty obvious when shit is modern so idk if I have to say it but MODERN OBVIOUSLY UNLESs THEY HAVE ROLLAR COASTERS AND HOTDOGS IN NORTA THEN WHOOPIE DOO

This is pure aesthetic btw

~~Also this reader is a character from red queen in the next life, can you figure out who it is lmao~~

I almost cried writing this hello)

One day, we're gonna be in a motel room by the sea

You have always had a connection towards the water. You have loved visiting beaches and keeping fish as a pet. The ocean has always been your ultimate desire. And when you look into Maven's eyes, the ocean is all you can see. So one day, with your open-roofed car, you drive with Maven to the open beach. You both don't care how long the drive took. The only thing the two of you cared about was each other. 

You always adored the winter ocean air in your face, and Maven never knew what the feeling felt like until he was with you. 

I'll hear the roller coasters

Screaming your name into the night

And every year, the carnival comes to town. Ever since you were a little girl, you would sit by the beach with your cotton candy and enjoy the sound of the ocean's waves. Now, you have somebody to accompany you as you drag Maven around the wild attractions. Maven was having the most fun he ever had. He didn't know love until you showed him a part of the world that he never knew before. You showed him to satisfaction of standing in a moving car with the radio on full speaker. You showed him the feeling in the pit of his stomach when he went on roller coasters. You showed him how to fear for your life as you balanced on the edge of the balcony, only to dramatically fall into his arms. He loved the way you lived your life and wished that he could experience it the same.

From the window, the pink and blue electric signs

Nearby bars light up their neon colors as you walked by with Maven. The hum of the electric signs followed you all the way through your path. Neither of you minded as you held hands, swinging your arms back and forth. As you stare at the ground in front of you, Maven couldn't help but stare at you. The colors of the world around you reflected off of your crystal skin, making you glow in all directions. You looked like an angel. And to Maven, you were an angel.

They'll glow down on us like a cotton candy moon

On the 4th of July

The night was soon awakened by the moonlight and the empty streetlights as they became the only thing shining your path. This made Maven anxious a bit as he could barely see the sidewalk in front of him. But the way you reacted - completely left out of worry as you triumphantly bounced around the street - calmed his worries. 

"It's beautiful out here, isn't it?" You ask him, gripping onto his forearm. He smiles, blushing. Of course, he loves it out here. It's a different night sky than he's ever seen. And it's even more special with you by his side. 

"It is..." he looks out onto the ocean. The bright moon reflects onto the waves of water, vacillating his eyesight between the ocean and the night sky. 

Soon, the sand under his barefoot was the only thing he could feel. You ran in front of him, stepping on seaweed and shells as you pranced closer to the ocean. He followed behind, wondering how many times you've done this. 

I've fallen in love with you in every past life

As he distantly watches you interact with the ocean's waves, he gets a sense of deja vu. He feels like he's seen you before, saltwater fresh in your hand. It reminds him how much he appreciates you, and how much he loves you. 

"You're beautiful," he comments as he stands over you. Your hands, covered in unwashable wet sand, grab his. You love the way his mind works. His kind, inexperienced brain is something that ultimately will always make you enjoy his presence. He is the closest person to you, and the person you trust the most. And in your past life, even though you were forced to marry him, you never stopped enjoying him as a person. 

You're like the prize at the carnival

I've wanted since I was a little girl

You release his hands, grabbing his cheeks with your sandy fingers as you pull him into a kiss. This is the only Heaven you want to be accepted in. Ever since you were little, you were told stories about the boy that will one day sweep your feet off of the ground. Is this what that's like? Is your dream coming true? As the ocean's water brings itself to your toes, you kiss Maven harder. He brings you closer to him, mentally and physically. Like the fish in the sea, you two embrace the cold water as it gives you a way to breathe, finally. 

Like the sweetest candy apple