Songfic: Promises

(Somebody said, not word for word, "I'm just here waiting for an update on Modern AU" I'm like me too, boo, me too. And honestly, that guy has become irrelevant [even though I still like him but shush] and if I continued it with the other guy I like then tbh like it'll become repeated. Like "OMG HE LOOKED AT ME" and "ew" over and over again tbh so no--

Modern AU will continue if something amazing happens. But if you want some updates now then

my friend walked up to him and asked him if he'd date me if I wore tight clothes. He said he didn't know.

me and him had a 10-second argument while doing a crossword puzzle on who found the word first.

He sat like too close to me for comfort during a rally.

Cameron likes him.

I was walking near him and saw him and I yelled "ew disgusting" and he looked at me.

He probably thinks I'm stalking him because he plays soccer and I go to the soccer field after school so

There enjoy that, maybe I'll make little updates like that ^ ontop of stories

Also, I wrote this listening to stand-up so it might be distant)

Promises you made to me

You hated being in the castle. Servants would dress you up. You wanted to tell them to not, you wanted to talk to them. You can't, there are cameras. You're not allowed to be a decent human being

You said the rivers and the trees
Would fill our pockets and our plates

You married Maven not because he's king but because... I mean, yeah it was because he's king. It's not like you didn't know him before he became king. You knew him all of your life. He's always promised you all of the riches and everyone's love. When you finally married him, that was not the deal.

You said the world was generous
And wouldn't turn its back on us

The world hates Maven. The world now hates you. Maven's making it up, getting the reds to like him. You just stay behind, not wanting any more reason to feel... odd. Being queen in this environment is just raw and odd. It's hard to understand.

And all the birds, they disappeared
So me too, I flew away

You left the castle, you live in the red village like you did before. People barely recognize you without your face dolled up and your hair made. Now you real rags, you don't brush your hair, and you definitely don't wear makeup. You see Maven walking through the town a lot, maybe looking for you. You know how to hide. You've been doing that since you were young.

Promises you made to me
You said that you would stay with me

Maven never wanted you to leave. But some part of him always imagined you would. It sounds like something you'd do, truly. Maven was always scared that you would leave. You've always told him you won't. Well, we saw how that went.

Promises you made
That we would walk, side by side

It would be nice if Maven left with you but that can never happen. Maven has to stay where he is, he can never leave. That's the bad thing about being a royal, about being in a highhouse, about being a silver.

Can't promise you kind road below
But I'll walk with you, my love

You avoid televisions always. Everything plays Maven. You don't want to see his face, never again. He lied to you, he's always been lying to you. He isn't fair. 

Even though you don't want to see his face.

Even though he lied to you.

Even though he isn't fair.

You still want to walk with him one more time.

Don't need a ring for my finger
Just need a steady hand to hold

Being with Maven would be better if time didn't exist. Him holding you close is the best thing about breathing. Things like that can't happen, won't ever happen. Maybe one day you two will reunite. Maybe one day you'll learn to hide your love for him. That'll be hard, though.

And keep on walking, come what will?