Purple Prt. 2

You got upgraded, and you smiled everyday. Your room was beautiful and big, dresses came everyday in the colors of the rainbow. House Tyros was your mask that Maven gave you, and you accepted it. You see other people that have servants dressed in red to follow them around, and you questioned why you didn't. But the person that followed you around was Maven, showing you where things were and how to act. It wasn't hard teaching you manners, Elara already planted a couple rules into your head. Literally.

Maven also didn't let you near anybody else unless it was dinner, where you sat right next to him. He didn't realize that dinner was your favorite part of the day where you get to see all the unique faces you didn't even dream of before. Like the beautiful shiney lady with the silver hair and paper white skin, the grey man with piercing eyes that always smiled at you, and dozens of amazing sentinels. 

Maven walked you down the hall and had your hand intertwined with his. His back was straight when he walked and his prance was elegant. You tried to copy what he was doing. Tried. You stumbled over yourself, not used to walking for so long. Maven would always be there to stand you up, helping you walk in the shoes you were provided with. You would reply with the only way you know, "good." It was his favorite word. When Maven saw you stumbling again he put another hand on top of yours, gently. 

"We're almost there." He said calmly. You looked up at him. His features have gotten better, his cheeks not hallow anymore. His arm is less lanky then it was when you first grabbed it. He brought you to amazing front doors, you never got used to the size of this place. He had servants open them for him, nodding at him as he practically dragged you out. You kept tripping over yourself in confusion, your breathes becoming thick. Maven laughed at how weird you were acting. 

"I-I, not-- I have not--," you tripped over your words as your were doing your feet. Maven put his hands on your waist and picked you up, your back against his chest as he carried you a couple of feet then put you to the ground. You didn't fall that time, you were too busy looking around. There were trees upon trees and a cold white substance on the ground and on the leaves. You bent over and picked it up, watching it melt on your skin. 

"Cold," you muttered and looked at him. He had the most loving look in his eyes, like he was pleased with himself. "Good," you said again and touched his arm. You had a big smile on your face. Maven looked flustered before he cleared his throat and almost pulled away from your touch. Embarrassed? 

"It's called snow, it comes as the year passes. It disappears after awhile." He said as he rubbed looked up to the sky. You got on your knees, the cold grass not bothering you the slightest. You put your hands in the snow, the cold light blue eye falling from your palms like needles.

"Cold!" You exclaimed with a child-like smile, looking back at Maven. He was crouched behind you, his warm hand rubbing up and down your spine. You giggled and smiled, going to grab his hand with the ice still laying on your palm. He pulled back, almost falling over in fear. 

"Don't!" He exclaimed loudly while making you wince in fear. He grabbed your wrist rather harshly. 

"You have ice, the ice can kill me... on accident." He let out with a regretful breathe as he saw the tears in your eyes. Your moved your hand away from him, standing up and walking towards the castle.

"Back," you commanded, looking at him with a strong glare. He walked up to you rather quickly, grabbing your waist and picking you up like he did when you first walked outside. 

"No!" You screamed, kicking like a child. A stiff exhale through his nose and a small chuckle made you calm down and try to turn you head to look at him. If you really wanted to, you could immediately run and kill him. But you didn't feel like it, he was too nice. You loved him too much. When you calmed down in Maven's arms his grip softened, his warm hands on your stomach and making you feel warm inside. 

"Th-Thank you." You whispered, him putting you down and walking in front of you.

"That's great! You're learning new words! But I think I like 'good' better, so stick to that." He said as he looked back at you, watching you nod your head as you follow him inside.

"Good." You said in almost a sarcastic tone. He laughed and you forcefully joined him.