SongFic: Satisfied

(I'm writing this at like midnight so if it's derby that's why

Me: **mumbles words** siSTER))

*Mare's POV*

I remember that night I just might regret that night for the rest of my days.

Running around, being a red servant, it was all so tiring. It's better than going to war, I suppose. At least some of the other servants are nice. Other servants.... I've only been here for a day but there's this servant who is nicer than the rest. (Y/N). How she got to a place like this I don't know, but I wish her the best of luck in the future. I see the silvers treat (Y/N) like garbage, it makes me feel bad for her. 

Then, of course, something I can't forget happen. Something that changed my life. The electricity fanatic. 

I remember that dreamlike candlelight

It felt so magical. It felt so... empowering. The feeling of lightning surging through my veins, it's so amazing. It didn't last long as I suddenly realize the place I've been forced into. 

Mareen Titanos. The red mind with a silver's heart.

Intelligent eyes and a hunger-pang frame

I was forced to be engaged to the prince, Maven Calore. He wasn't as eye catching as his brother, but his form was far more intellectual. There was something so... different about him. I was almost happy. 

The feeling of freedom, of seeing the light

If I was princess I might be able to help the reds, help my family. I can act like a silver and help the reds, it will be perfect. 

His hands started fidgeting, he looks askance.

Whenever somebody brings up the engagement, he gets nervous. Like he's hiding something. His eyes always go to the crowd before landing back to the floor. I follow his eyes, looking to the crowds of red servants. 

Then I turn and see her face and she is...

Amongst the red servants was a pair of helpless eyes, (y/n). She was looking at Maven, I could almost feel her reaching out. 

And I realize three fundamental truths at the exact same time.

She loves him... and... he loves her. (Y/N), the red servant who gets nothing she deserves. The sweet angel who smiles more than not. She looks so helpless... I can't even look at her like that. 

I'm a girl in a world in which my only job is to marry rich.

I'm a red, my only succession in life would be marrying a silver. And Maven is right in my hands but... I can't take him away from (Y/N).

You will never find anyone as trusting or as kind

It's been awhile. Throughout the entire weeks I've been at the castle now I see them interacting with each other. It's so cute. They exchange glances, he kisses her cheek, sometimes when they're alone they hold hands. I catch it all. I told (Y/N) how much she deserves Maven more than I, she smiled so brightly... It still hurts.

If I tell her that I love him she'd be silently resigned

He'd be mine.

I don't tell her how much Maven means to me. I don't tell her he also kisses my cheek and secretly holds my hand. I don't tell her how beautiful I think he is. I let her believe he is hers.

She would say, "I'm fine."

At least she's happy this way, in Maven's arms. Even if they can't love each other in public I know they spend nights together. I know how much they love each other. It still hurts knowing all the things Maven does to me. 

She'd be lying.

I get to see (Y/N) so happy everyday. There's no more helplessness in her eyes, it relieves me. In a world full of thorns I'm happy to see one flower.

But when I fantasize at night it's his eyes...

He's still mine, he's still the world to me. The shadow, the younger brother, my fiancé. I'm still happy to be his. 

Even now, when he's king, she's happily his queen. He benefits nothing from her, yet he's still with her. I'm happy. I'm happy she's found hope. I can't kill him knowing I will take something away from the nicest person in this world...

I still think about the small boy I fell in love with... the prince Maven, not the king. I think about the world where (Y/N) was in my place... maybe the world will be correct in that world.

At least now I'm making history, starting a legacy

At least I keep Maven's innocent in my thoughts

At least I keep him in my heart.

At least I keep his eyes in my life.