Songfic: Sleep

(oops a controversial song **jumps out window**

But I've been listening to it recently and I haven't posted something in a while. 

Like, one-shots are easier for me to write when I'm at school and bored so that's why there are way more songfics, they're more fun for me and yeah I can listen to music while writing myahahaha

Also, you have no idea the type of fic I wanted to write with this song and Timothy's controversy. But then that would require a trigger warning and I'm not about that here :^))

Please, take me

You hold Maven close to you, feeling protected in his arms. His height compared to yours is ravishing, his entire body drapes over you. He's warm; then again, he always is. You close your eyes, feeling the rising and falling of Maven's chest. You just feel so tired. Drained. You feel like a butterfly with broken wings. 

I'm sorry, I think

Maven's chin rests on the top of your head as he grasps your clothes. When things get quiet like this he thinks. The song of the moonlight reminds him of everything he's lost as a king. Unlike you, his eyes are wide open. He watches everything, never turning away from the moon. He knows you're an adult, he understands you can stand for yourself. But with all of the trouble he's gotten into, he sees you as a child; something he needs to shield from the world. Sometimes he twitches and obsesses about locking you up, keeping you for himself.

It's me

He knows better. As you suddenly pull away from him his hands drop immediately to his sides. Everything is back to normal. You two can both hear again. You return to fixing yourself in the mirror as Maven turns his back. Why is his heartbeat so quick? Why do you affect him like this? You aren't supposed to be this special. Maven should have other things to worry about than you. Why are you always his first priority?

Please tell me

You avert your gaze from yourself to Maven. You see his slumped shoulders, his shaggy hair, and how crooked his back looks. Your hands grasp the dresser the mirror is attached to as you try not to feel remorse towards him. He did this to himself, he should be lucky you even hugged him. You have tried to not look at him ever since he took Mare into the castle. You love Maven, you think. But Mare is the splitting thorn in your side. Your life would be so much easier if you could just pretend she didn't exist. She's beautiful, her long brown hair is so easy to curl between your fingers. It's hard to ignore such a charm she is. No wonder Maven loves her so much.

Oh, please, oh, please

You stop looking at Maven, stiffening your posture. You inhale a long lasted inhale. You need to forgive him. Nothing good will come from just ignoring him. You need to come to your senses. But it's so difficult. You can't, not now. You walk out the door, not saying goodbye to Maven, as you elegantly pace to your own room.

Take me, I'm sorry

Maven's hand hits the wall with a loud bang. His bracelet trembles with the impact. He doesn't turn to the door, he doesn't run after you. This is his fault. His addictions ruin him. The room heats up, his hand feeling like it's on fire. He hits the wall again, not strong enough for it to crack. No matter how hard he tries, he knows there will be no way to break this castle. It's his own cage. There's no way he can escape.

Oh her, who's she?

Maven didn't think his actions of capturing Mare would impact you as much as it did. He never truly realized you despise her. He knows he loves you more than her. He just can't let her go. He knows now is the time to legitamently pick a side but he doesn't mentally know how to. Keeping Mare here is the problem. But he can't just let her go. He could never kill her. There's no possible exit to this situation.

She meant nothing

When you enter your room, you hold onto the doorknob for an extra duration of time. Your forehead rests on the door. You're tired. You feel like crying. You blink. You close your eyes. That's all you can do. 

What am I, am I supposed to do?

Against the door, you shake your head. This is over. Why did you leave? Was that the end? No, you can make your own ending now. You leave your room, slamming the door behind you. This isn't how things are going to turn out. You love Maven, you deserve him more than anybody. You're not going to walk out because of some little lightning girl. You'll be strong.

Why do this to me?

You knock on Maven's door. It's silent. You can't hear a thing. Please answer, please answer. You aren't going to change your mind. You'll keep knocking and knocking if you have to. When Maven finally opens the door, your eyes light up. He looks like the same Maven you see in your dreams. He's so perfect, you won't change a thing about it. Yet, you're still tired.

Maven smiles as he fully sees you.

I think I need to sleep.