The Flower We Saw That Day: Tunnel

Tunnel

"You have an addiction," Iris whispered after she dragged Samson to his designated spot. She stands, leaned against a tree as she watched him undress.There was a pile of clothes and a wig, something Samson kept for years. 

"I don't have an addiction," he replies, glaring into her stormy eyes. 

Samson blames himself for your death. Samson recalls that fateful day years ago when he confessed to you after you ran off, and got rejected. Samson thinks about this day, even a decade later. Iris figured out his obsession with you long before he did. He would write in a journal about you, always explaining his love for you.

And as Maven watched you look at Samson, he felt sick. How could Samson do something like this? He is sick. His time should be spent wondering about (Y/N)'s gift, not doing things like this. 

While looking at all of the friends, Samson began to laugh. Iris finally caught up with them. Only a piece of her was worried.

"Mare," Samson drew out, lifting his hands. "You understand right? Somebody has to understand!" He exclaimed. Mare shook her head, putting her hands on her chest. Samson sighed, "what about your feelings for Maven! Would you do this for him?" Samson rambled. Mare gasped. Kilorn walked up to Samson and gave him a hug. But Mare still thought about what he said. He's insane. There's no way Mare likes Maven. Does she really 'like' him? Can she? Mare turns away. And Maven watches her. 

You stare at Mare, tilting your head. Does she really like Maven? Why does your chest feel weird? Are you jealous? Jealous of a human girl? Somebody who can actually be with Maven?

Iris steps forward, joining the hug of Kilorn and Samson. Mare decides to join too. And you hug behind Maven. Mare stands back, watching all of her friends. She doesn't join.

There's a pile of sticks that are crackling with a fire, the moon shining upon the friends. The last event of the day includes Kilorn talking about (Y/N), speaking about if you're able to go to Heaven. 

"The reason (Y/N) is still wandering is because she isn't allowed into Heaven," Kilorn explains. Everybody looks at the ground, almost mourning you. You sat next to Maven, looking around. You begin to whine, pouting. You never thought Kilorn would say something so horrible to you. Maven wants to comfort you, bring you into a hug, but he's scared he would look insane.

You aren't that bad, are you? You just have a wish, that's all. You're going to leave eventually, right? You aren't stuck as a child forever, right?