(Sequel) Songfic: Rabid

(Sequel to Jack's Lament *the story about the succubus claiming she was going to make a plan to destory the king yike*

Why did I start crying writing this hello

The music makes the experience 90% better btw)

Something ugly in you, you also saw in me

When Maven first saw you in a physical form, you had a hood to hide your face. A servant opened the door for you, as they welcomed you into the home. The rain outside was harsh as it pounded against all four walls confining you and Maven into the same building. Maven approached you with curious fingers, asking you what you wished for him. And when you took off your hood, his heart stopped. You were the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. You were so beautiful that it made him question you immediately. What does a pretty lady want in this castle?

When you made eye contact with Maven, you felt a feeling deep inside of your soul that you hated. There was something about him that just reeled you in. It's like there is something about him that you are the same. But he's a human, and you're a monster, so there should be no relation. 

Guess we're infected with the same disease

"I just want shelter from the rain," you lie as you lean your head down, trying to make yourself seem helpless. Maven tries not to fall for your charm as he stands tall. He doesn't have a strong reason to deny you access to an extra bedroom. A part of him knows to not allow this, but something about you just reeled him in. But he's a prince, and you're a commoner, so there should be no relation.

"Of course, I'll be happy to aid you," he lies also. He puts his hand out for you to take, and you do slowly. His gloved hands grip your hand softly as he leads you down the halls. 

Well, I could be your girl and you could be my baby

And as he leaves you in front of your room, you make sure to smile extra sweetly. That was the start of your relationship. You would have done this the way you wanted, through his dreams, but you realized that he lacked that. The first time you tried that was the only time it was possible. Like you opened something up in his mind that was quick to shut back off. So now you stand in front of him, your hand still being held in his as he looks into your eyes. You still play the role of innocent as you take your hand away from him, blushing as you thank him politely. He is left breathless from your touch, wondering why his breath was suddenly pulled from him so quickly.

Have a habit of ruining everything

Maven satisfies your red, beating heart. With all of the men you've swooned over the many years you've been alive, Maven has been interestingly different. Not only can you not go into his dreams, but he completely lacks the proper mind for you to impel. But a part of you doesn't want to go for him. He is different from the other men. He means something to you. It's an odd thing you hate to admit, even to yourself. But you have to do this, it will be the best thing for you, you shouldn't care about whether it is for him. 

We're the same, we're both rabid animals

You watch over him as he sleeps. He's like a ghost, completely unmoving and gone. He's not nearly as dead as he is when he sits on the throne. You've seen him there, surrounded by his anxious-pressured silent stone. It's so worthless. Things will still be able to get into his head with it. But it does block off one thing for you, his heartbeat. Every time he walks the halls, you can hear his alive heartbeat like you hear everything else. But on that throne, it's silent. It scared you at first, but you got used to it after a mere second once you realized the silent stone. It's still the creepiest thing you've ever seen.