Songfic: A Story You Don't Know

(Somebody said to me today: "...I love your writing style..." ebfwebhfkjw ~~what's a writing style~~

I don't know what a writing style is so--

what do you guys like about my writing?????????????????? I guess???)

Started a day like any other day before

You stand in the modern park with your phone in your hand. You scrolled through aesthetic after aesthetic just to amuse you.

But suddenly you stood, didn't know what was in store

A hand wraps around your waist, the owner whispers into your ear: "Let's go and see the stars above tonight!" Maven smiles before kissing your cheek. You blush before moving your hair from behind your ear to your face in embarrassment. 

"I would be happy to," you answer as you look up from your phone. The distant sound of children playing and having fun makes you smile. The land is so beautiful here.

~

Not a single light lit the road

Maven and you both walk down the sidewalk at night. You walk by the edge, hands out as you balanced. Maven watches you with his hands in his pockets, amused. 

Pushing and shoving, we were playing around then

He steps behind you and pushes you onto the road, laughing as you almost fall. No cars were even heard in the darkness. Maven would never push you into a busy street, of course.

You look at Maven. The laughter died down. The moment goes quiet as you both look into each other's eyes.

To keep away the heaviness of feelings we felt and never break from all this silent fear

You gulp as you slowly turn away from him, stepping back onto the sidewalk.

"Hey," he whispers quietly as he nudges your shoulder with his. You stop walking and just look up at the sky, admiring the darkness. The stars twinkle, it reminds Maven of the innocence of your eyes.

We look to the sky from such a deep and dark world

Breaking away, every star is falling down

The stars disappear as a car drives by, casting light upon Maven and you. When the car drifted away Maven grabbed your hand, intertwining your guy's fingers. 

The chasing you began, far too long ago

A phone call makes Maven pull away from you. He answers the phone immediately when he sees the caller's ID. 

You never turn around

You watch as he puts the phone down after a short call.

"Maven?" You whisper with concern. He starts walking away.

"I have to go," he says.

I beg you and plead

Oh don't run away from me

"Stay?" You whisper. He doesn't respond. He just keeps walking.

Hear me through, you never knew the love I had for you

Something that I'll never forget

Maven tries not to turn around, tries not to cry. His mother does not appreciate him hanging out lowly with you.

Guess she's bound to end up all alone

~

You're right by my side enjoying going with me tonight

Maven and you sit on a park bench, slushies in hand. Your fingers overlapped each other as you act like the other person didn't even exist.

I bite my tongue, no I never say a thing

It's quiet and pure. You both look to the sky, the sun setting. Beautiful.

If only you could turn your head and look my way

Oh no don't let me cry tonight

You whisper, "I love you," to him suddenly. He doesn't reply at first. You don't look at his face to see his expression. 

"I love you too," he replies after thinking.

Oh so this is what it's about, the "real love"

I only read about

You grab his hand and place it around your shoulders as you scoot closer to him, your head laying on his shoulder.

Spoke my heart in midst of the fear

Being by you is all I need

~

You scroll through your Instagram with a feeling of melancholia. Ever since you moved away from your high school home you've never seemed to forget about your love interest. 

The stars always remain

You haven't talked to Maven since. You've now been in college, working on your future while dwelling on your past. 

In my memory, they never go away

You see all the pictures of you and Maven, how happy you two looked.

The way you laughed back then

I loved it all so much

You put your phone down with a sad sigh. It's too late to be with him forever like you wished.

The nights will carry on

And memories will dawn