Songfic: Young

(I love Hollywood Undead btw I'm surprised I haven't done a HU song already

J3T can lick me)

We are young!

You and Maven are only 18. Eighteen. Eighteen. That's way too young for how much pressure you both have. You can't wait to be 19.

Born in this world as it all falls apart

You wonder what it was like to be a silver in the times when Silvers had feared. Silvers used to be scared of Reds. You know that, right? Unbelievable. Think about living in fear. How hard it would be to hide the color of your blood. 

I see the children in the rain like the parade before the pain.

"Don't you sometimes want to be that age again?" You ask Maven as you notice the children at the ball. Maven's hand grips the rim of his coat as he agrees. He's off... You shouldn't bother though. It's not your business. Your tap your fingers against the metal of your dress as you look over the crowd.

I see the love; I see the hate; I see this world that we can make!

Four gunshots. Lights. Ah. Why are your ears ringing so much. Shouldn't you be better than this? You should be strong. You never thought a moment like this would come up. Think of the children... the children. You see them, two little blonde heads. Like puppies. They're crying.

Watch the beauty of all our lies passing right before my eyes.

You should just turn away, run for yourself. No, that isn't what you're like. (Y/N) wouldn't run for themselves. You run for the children. You sprint for the children. The screams aren't as loud as your heartbeat. As you make your way to the Lerolan twins as you stand in front of them, their father not in sight. You reach out your hand, bringing the metal from your dress into a shield.

We get so sick, we're so sick; we never wanted all this

They're crying in your ears now. You hold them close. Your dress unfolds into a cage as the people stomping nearby only makes the twins cry more.

The sound of a blaze corrupting makes you jump. What's going on? The roar was enough to make your eyes start to water. No, no, not again. Not this again. No more death, no more war. You don't want to go into the war again! Why does the war always follow you? Why do people die everywhere you are?

Watch it burn in the sun - we are numb!

A mixture of blood and wine hit your feet. Your head starts spinning. What's going on? Wh-What's... You pass out. Your head throbs even in your dreams. 

As we walk among these shadows, in these streets, these fields of battle
Take it up, we wear the medal, raise your hands with burning candles.

Maven isn't the one to find you with the wailing children. It's Cal after a long battle. It's Cal who manages to lift the metal cage and lift the children. He sees the silver blood on your legs and calls over somebody to lift you up. Thanks to you and your protectiveness the children end up living. Only two lives saved but it's worth it. For a second, you don't breathe. Only for a second. That second was before Maven saw you being carried over to the dead body line. Maven removes himself from his mother's grip before running over to you. He places a hand on your cheek as he almost starts to cry. Then, you open your eyes.

Hear us whisper in the dark

"Are you okay?" Even though you can't see, you recognize Maven's voice. You try to smile but it hurts. Your head... pounds. You forget what even happened.

Feel the beating of our hearts fleeting hope as we depart

"Thank god," Maven whispers, his hand still on your cheek. You blink. You can breathe fine now, everything is alright.

All together, walk alone against all we've ever known

"Babe," you let out. Babe? Why did you call him babe? You didn't even realize what you said before Maven hugs you tighter than he ever has. "Maven," you correct as you try to sit up. Maven's frantic as he helps you sit up. You look up with a strange facial expression as you try to figure out what's going on.

All we've ever really wanted was a place to call our home

Everything is a disaster. Blood stained the floors on multiple levels. You hold Maven's hand. Mare watches from afar. 

"Are you okay?" You ask him now. Maven nods with a serious look as he refuses to leave your side. It hits you, and you remember.

But you take all we are; the innocence of our hearts.

"The kids, are the kids okay?! Oh my god, what happened?" You question as you suddenly realize what happened. Maven squeezes your hand as a way to try to calm you down.

We will fight or we will fall

"Hey, everything is fine, okay?" Maven has these peculiar puppy eyes he only shows you. When you see them, you calm down. You relax.

'til the angels save us all

"You saved them... their fine." Maven told you, even when he wasn't sure himself. You smile brightly as you hug Maven again. His body is warm against you, hugging him feels like heaven.

(literally imagine hugging Maven like that sounds amazing thanks bye)