The Flower We Saw That Day: (Y/N) Search Party

(Y/N) Search Party

"You should go to school, Mavey." You said as you laid on his chest. He exhaled, looking into your eyes. Your eyes were bright, so full of innocence. That's why he's walking to school right now. Everything is so calm. He starts getting more and more nervous when he gets closer. He hasn't been around strangers in awhile. He recognizes where everything is, to his surprise. But before he can walk into the classroom, he gets caught up by Farley. Maven remembers her as Mare's friend, so at first, he is nice to her.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at home slacking off like a loser?" Farley exclaims. Maven is surprised and tries not to show it. Other girls begin to laugh too as they walk closer. Maven sighs, turning around. Everybody hollered at him as they watched him walk away. He completely gives up. This attempt was terrible. 

~

"And I swear, I really do," Kilron starts, sitting down in Maven's room. Maven was sat upon his bed, you sitting behind Kilron. 

"I think I saw (Y/N) in my room last night. I think she was trying to talk to me," Kilorn explains. Maven's eyes flicker between you and him before you shake your head. You don't even know where Kilorn lives.

"So I was thinking, we should have '(Y/N) Search Party' with all of our old friends!" Kilron exclaims. You clap your hands, enthusing to Maven about it. Maven's head spun. Being in the same place as all of his childhood friends? That sounds so nerve-inducing and genuinely horrible. But he agreed nonetheless.

"How are we going to invite everybody? And I assume it'll be in our hide-house, right?" Maven says with a sigh. Kilorn looked too excited to be orchestrating this. 

"Yes, and I still have everybody's numbers. Nothing has changed," Kilorn answers. Maven nods his head. The more he thinks about this, the less bad it seems. Maybe this is a good thing. It's a good chance for Maven to interact with actual people. Maybe this is the next step to granting your wish. 

Kilorn pulls out his phone, writing an invitation in his notes. Maven and him discuss the deal while you shout suggestions in the background. Maven truly feels relaxed, rather having everybody come here rather than him leaving his comfort. 

Seeing Kilorn and Maven interact so closely made something in you feel warm, like a welcoming feeling. As you look down at your hand, you see the tip of your fingers begin to disappear again. You hide it easily. You want to discuss your concern with Maven, but seeing him having fun with Kilorn makes you want to avoid making him worry.