Songfic: Wait for It

(I kinda wanna rewrite the Evangeline fics to be Maven fics because my mind is anti-Evangeline for some reason

I hit shuffle on my Hamilton playlist and this came up first and i was like "oh well Songfic I guess")

Death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints

You took deep breaths, bullet wounds aligning your chest. Maven grabbed you, his arms careful as he laid you down. 

It takes and it takes and it takes

Farley was standing far away, a smile on her face. She was ready to evacuate the scene to escape Maven's rage. She had done it, her mission ever since Shade died. Kill the person Maven loves the most. And that ended up being you.

"(Y/N)." He hitched out, his breaths as crazy as yours. Tears fell down his face as the area started heating up, Maven rocking back and forth. "Healers! Why aren't there any healers!" You were the healer. The last healer went with Evangeline during the assassination. It's almost like Evangeline wanted you to die. At that moment, you take back every insult you ever threw her way. But you're happy it was you, and not him.

And we keep loving anyways

"I love you, M-Maven..." You managed to spit out, blood falling from your lips. He looked around, nobody was around. Everybody was either offense or defense trying to kill the invaders. Every healer was fried, their brain falling out of their ears. Mare. Or somebody else?

We break

And we make our mistakes.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He repeated, his face scrunching up. "I will get revenge, I promise." He promises, his voice barely above a whisper. You were hanging on for dear life, not talking and wasting your words. 

I'm willing to wait for it.

"My love, take your time." You whisper, letting go of your thoughts and him. You're time was up, and that was fine with you. You were happy that he didn't go first, he'll take his time. He'll live the days you couldn't.

My mother was a genius

My father demanded respect

When they died they left no instructions, just a legacy to protect.

You were all Maven had left. No more mother to help his mind, no more father to hold his hand. And Cal was against him, probably hated his guts. 

Maven held your dead body for awhile, not letting anybody get close. He didn't want to believe.

I am the only thing in life I can't control.

He stood up, his hands heated as his head rolled back. He sighed, clenching his fist. And he laughed. He turned around, watching the war. He left you in your spot.

I am not falling behind or running late.

He finished whatever his mother started. He pushed back his emotions, every last one. This is the only way to control his legacy, his views. People who have emotions don't live in this world. You certainly didn't.

I'm willing to wait for it.

Wait for it, wait for it.

Life doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints.

It takes and it takes and it takes.

We rise. We fall

Bubble gum popped in your mouth, your iPhone beeping as you pulled it out. A grocery basket was hanging from your elbow as you stuck chips into it. You weren't watching where you were going, too busy posting on your fav social media site. A body bumps into yours, and you stare at the blue eyed boy. He laughs nervously, you laugh too. When he laughed his black curly hair would fall over his face. Another taller man came from behind him, slapping him on the back.

"Let's go Mavey." The taller man, who you assumed was his brother, smiled at you.

"Alright, Mavey... sorry for running into you." You apologize slowly, not wanting to end the conversation.

"It's Maven." He introduced himself, you nodded. Making a mental note.

"Hello, Maven. My name is (Y/N)." You laugh, the brother looked between you two.

"Did something happen when I was gone?" He asked. You laughed.

"Tell your brother to watch where he's going." As you said that, Maven smiled. A smile that seemed familiar to you... you couldn't quite place where.