One Shot: Underneath the Christmas Tree

(deadass my parapsychology oneshot is deadass my favorite thing and is now an oc. have a nice day)

You live in a boring world. Everyone's blood is red, Victoria Aveyard is just another author.

"Take me to another place," you whisper as you sit on the floor next to your Christmas Tree. In your hand was a red ornament you picked off. You painted this ornament when you were young, it's always been your lucky trinket. You want to disappear to somewhere imaginary. Imagine how sweet that can be.

After you say that, a present under the tree begins to shake. A light jingle comes from inside of it. You look at the wrapped box. You don't recognize it. The bright neon green and red wrapping paper are different from every other present under that tree. That box isn't from anyone you know. The ornament in your hand, you crawl over to the box slowly. It continues to shake, never slowing down and never fastening its pace.

You grab the box, holding it with one hand. As you examine it, the ribbons suddenly come undone themselves. You watch in amazement as the box suddenly sits still, no ribbons, the lib just asking for you to open it.

When you blink, your not in your living room. There isn't a Christmas Tree in front of you and there isn't a box in your hand. All you have is a red ornament. 

You look around you. There are trees and more trees. To your left is a building bigger than any building you've seen with your eyes. The building is so tall and elegant. The sun reflects off of it, making it look magic. It's a castle. 

"Oh my god there you are," a voice says to you. You look over to where it came from. The person is odd looking. Somebody you'd never recognize. They where a hat look looks like it's made of many materials. They look like the traditional inventor. The creepiest thing about them is that they look like you. Just. Like. You.

"What are you?" Is the first thing you say. The person cackles loudly with a big smile.

"I am an amazing human who's good looks and talent will go down in history! I am a PARAPSYCHOLOGIST!" They through their hands in the air. Or, more of, you through your hands in the air. This is still freaking you out. 

"Why are you... me?" You try. 

"I am you, but in this world. Oh, isn't it beautiful?" The Parapsychologist waves her hands around and does a dramatic spin. You look around. Truly looks animalistic and real.

"Where are we?" You ask. The Parapsychologist seems to get annoyed as she grabs you off of the ground, holding your shoulders. She's the same height as you, which scares you even more. You can't grasp this situation. Weren't you just in your home? Where is your home? 

"We are in Norta!" She exclaims. Her hands go from your shoulders to your fingers as she grabs them lightly, walking backward as she leads you somewhere. You look around, trying not to step on her toes as you walk. God, you hate walking like this.

Suddenly, you hear footsteps. The Parapsychologist jumps as she pushes you, she quickly hides behind a nearby tree. Then, she's unseen. The footsteps become a figure, a male. A male with a crown and blue eyes. A big ass cape followed him. He looks like he ran from something.

"(Y/N), what are you doing over here?" He asks. You freeze up. Holy shit why is this handsome man talking to me holy shit where is the parafuckingwhateverist?! Shaking your head, you try to form words. He grabs your hand, looking you up and down. 

"Why are you dressed like that?" He asks. This isn't the first time the Parapsychologist changed clothes mid-decade minute. She does it a lot. So this isn't something Maven is let off by. 

"Wow, you really thought that was me." The voice was right behind of Maven. You twirl your red ornament in your hand as you stare at whatever the fuck is going on. The Parapsychologist wraps her hands around his waist. "This is me but not me, isn't she beautiful?" She whispered. He looks you up and down, blushing. Something about your pajamas makes him embarrassed. You look down. What? Does he not like penguins?

"I want to go home," you say. Maven looks at the Parapsychologist. You look at the Parapsychologist. The Parapsychologist is being looked at. She looks at the red ornament. Walking from behind Maven, she walks up to you. 

"Hey, sexy beast," she looks at you as she holds your hands. You look down at the red ornament. "She wants you to crush it." Maven adds as he walks next to you. Your eyes widen. Your heartbeat quickens. 

"I-I can't! This is important!" You exclaim.

"Hey, you know what else is important?" The Parasychologist whispers to you. You look up at her in shock. She looks at Maven. "Him." And then she punches him in the shoulder. He steps back, looking confused.

"See? Now brake it." 

"No."

"Break it."

"You break it."

"If you break it you go home."

You at her. She looks at you. You two are being looked at. 

Then, with a surprise, Maven takes your hands and wraps his around it. He squeezes, causing you two squeeze the ornament in your hand. 

When you blink.

You're on the floor.

There's a Christmas Tree.

You're home.

"What the fu--"