interview #61 @MissMehaygan

1 If you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

Slightly off topic answer but one time I had a dream I met Brendon Urie in concert but instead of freaking out like I and any other fan would have I just kind said yo I like your music and we just became friends and hung out during tour and it was pretty cool. Like instead of fangirling we like actually got to know each other and the meaning behind his music and my writing.

2 What's your favorite book?

The Divergent Series has always been one of my favorites, mostly because of the action and the writing style. I also just got into The Lunar Chronicles, which is super good so far too. XD

3 What's your schedule regarding your writing?

Any time I have a good idea or a scene in my head I'm writing. I don't really have a specific time I sit down to write because I know I won't ever do it at that exact time if I ever decide to do that. It would be too hard trying to remember the ideas during the day and put them off until the time I have for writing. 

4 What's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

Don't compare your work to others. I did this a lot, and I still do a bit. It doesn't matter if one person has a kazillion followers or this person has a better writing style. You keep writing and improving and you'll get there. As I said before, there was once a time I had 9 followers and 15 reads on each story. I know 103 followers isn't much, but I'm still working and improving to get myself up there.

5 What is your favorite thing about Wattpad?

I like sharing my stories on Wattpad, so everyone can have a chance to read it instead of keeping it hidden in the secret documents of my computer. I like being able to share my story with people I know will enjoy it. 

6 What's one Wattpad goal?

The biggest goal I have is to win some sort of competition. Weather a Watty award or a simple prompt competition would mean somehow my writing was good enough 

7 What's your favorite holiday and why?

Any holiday I can get festive about and dress up for. Christmas, Halloween. Other than that, any holiday with meaning, Easter.

But we can't forget national cookie day. 

8 How would you spend a rainy day?

Probably the same things I normally do, but inside. Reading, writing, and probably watching a movie with popcorn. 

9 How would you celebrate a publishing deal?

I think I would be too excited about the publishing to think about celebration. I would be freaking out and trying to figure out what made the publisher chose my book out of the millions of better books out there.

10 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follow or comment?

Yes. I'm not one of those people with 3k votes on each of my stories, but I'm still surprised to see my book has as many votes as it does. There was one point when I had 9 followers and 7 of them were my friends and second account. More and more people are discovering my profile and that makes me smile every time I see I got a new follower, or someone added one of my stories to their reading list.

11 Who is your favorite author?

I like a lot of different authors, but right now my favorite has to be Marissa Meyer. I got a lot of her books for Christmas, two books of The Lunar Chronicles, along with both books of the Renegades series. 

Request time!

The story I am working on right now is called The Mansion Downtown, a Mystery/Thriller story about an indoor city holding dark secrets and dangerous powers. This building was once home to six superhuman teenagers soon to be trapped in the chaos. One by one they are found and captured to see the darkest secret to be found...

This book is a mess I don't know how to explain this to people.