interview #17 @SloSloth

1.What's your favorite part about Wattpad?

I would say my favorite part about Wattpad is the opportunity, the opportunity for others to see your creations as well as theirs. Being able to share your stories with other writers is a chance I never thought I would get but finding Wattpad made it possible for me to upload my stories and share it with people. I also like the sense of community and feedback others have to offer.

2.What is a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

This is gonna seem weird but I'm not all that into pop, rap or country so my favorite would have to be 'Climbing up "Iknimaya' by James Horner from a movie soundtrack, it's one of the songs I listen to most when I'm writing as it conveys all emotions: anger, sadness, happiness etc.

3.What's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

Technically I am still very new to Wattpad but the best piece of advice I could offer is to just go for it publish your story, many of my friends have joined Wattpad but are too scared to put themselves out there because of the criticism they may face. No matter what whenever you put yourself out there someone will always be ready to tear you down but it's how you deal with it that keeps you going and how you can turn their negative into a positive. (Gosh that sounded like I'm a motivational speaker)

4.What is your favorite movie?

My favorite movie would have to be Mighty Joe Young, that was such an amazing movie. The love and compassion they show in this movie is beyond compare and gives me hope.

5.What inspired you to write?

Inall honesty writing was/is an escape for me from all the chaos that goes onaround me. My emotions needed to be expressed in a way I couldn't say or sharethem with words so I began writing as a way of expressing myself and my innerthoughts, soon after I began writing stories and every character I create hasat least one trait that reflects one of my own or an event the character

6.What's your dream vacation?

Personally, I would love to go to Greece for their beautiful ocean, architecture and culture especially their mythology since I find the stories about their gods fascinating as I do with Roman mythology and Norse mythology, not that I believe in multiple gods myself but I'm still fascinated by it in every way.

7.If you received a publishing deal, how would you react?

Probably be in a state of shock for half a century and then celebrate all my hard work with the ones I love and who motivated me, telling me it was possible.

8.If you could spend the day with your favorite author and gain advice from them, who would you choose and what would you ask them?

I would choose John Reynolds Gardiner who wrote one of the first books I ever read, Stone Fox. The question I would ask him is probably why that story? Why did he decide to write that specific story instead of the other hundreds he could have made and conjured up in his head. What made him write Stone Fox and not any other creative idea floating around in his head?

9.What's your favorite snack?

Flaming Hot Cheetos... duh

10.What's the best way to spend a rainy day?

Jumping on the trampoline trying to catch the rains drops falling from the sky then falling on your butt and getting yourself all soaked, then you have to warm yourself up by the fire or with heating blankets in pajamas watching Avatar (not the show but the three-hour long movie). I also love to dance in the rain letting the rain drops skid off my face and feeling the coldness of the fall letting go of all the fears that captivated me and held me down, all the worries that plague my mind constantly would saunter off for a little amount of time just enough to enjoy that moment, of peace.

11.If you could spend the day with your favorite celebrity, who would you choose and what would you do?

I would most likely want to spend the day with Morgan Freeman, the coolest guy ever, because I have watched him forever and listen to the advice, stories and experience he has to offer.

Request time!

It would be really cool if y'all would check out my book The Broken Rule. It's a good story if you like mystery and betrayal mixed with a dash of horror, it's the first book I have written on Wattpad but I am extremely proud of it and the course it is taking. Many twists and turns are included in this book as well as some mature themes that are forewarned in the description of the book. Hope to see y'all around!