interview #10 @Nyhterides

1 What's the best way to handle a bully?

Usually ignoring them or being diplomatic is a good idea. 

2 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

All the time! Even after all these years.

3 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

I don't have one. I write when I am a) in the mood b) I have a deadline. 

4 what's your dream vacation?

A cruise! I adore the splendor of the ships and the fact that you get to visit so many places.

5 what's your favorite movie?

Constantine.

6 what's your favorite holiday and why?

It's a toss-up between two places. Canada because I was born there and enjoy visiting when I can, plus, it's beautiful. And Italy because everything about Italy is amazing. 

7 what inspired you to write

I've always enjoyed creating stories. Before I knew how to write, I made up stories in my mind while looking at the pictures in books or at random items. I'd make up tales with old letters my parents would get, with their bone china figurines. Inspiration was everywhere! I began making up stories pretty much as soon as I could talk. When I learned how to write though I was in heaven because I could put things on paper. I have boxes full of old poetry and stories. 

8 how would you spend a rainy day?

I dislike rain. My day goes on as usual, but I end up grumping a bit because of the rain and humidity.

9 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you do?

Poppy Z Brite. I adore the stories written by PZB. I'd like to learn about the basics, how to write a good blurb, how to query, things I find vital yet struggle with.

10 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

Love Bites by Def Leppard. I first heard that band when I was about 10 and have been a fan ever since.

11 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

Write like no one is going to read your work.Learn how to edit and take criticism. If you submit work/look for an agent, youwill probably have more rejections than acceptations, realize that is part ofthe game and it's OK. Don't give up writing if you love  it

request time!

The Maggies. It's a short Gothic tale about a mother's loss and her descend into madness. It is a dark and haunting story. In a couple of weeks, it's going to be available as a mini graphic novel (it's going to look like an old fairy tale). I have got some amazing feedback, comments, and reviews on The Maggies and I am proud of it. :)

 :)