interview #8 @Gabs604

1 What inspired you to write?

I've always identified myself as a bit of a book nerd starting from a young age. Being able to immerse myself in a book and fall into a different life was a great adventure. Eventually, I got to the point where I would look for a certain story, and I couldn't find it. That's when I knew I had to write it myself so others could get lost in it.

2 What's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

I love the social, anonymous aspect of sharing your stories. It allows me towrite the stories I have stuck in my head for others to read without feelinglike I'm totally vulnerable. I'm private about this little passion of mine, andWattpad lets me interact with others who love reading and writing like me.

3 What's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

This one is a bit embarrassing, but I will always love and break out in dance whenever All Star by Smash Mouth comes out. Something about it just gets megoing xD

4 If you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

So I guess he's a YouTube celebrity, but I would love to hang out with ShaneDawson. He is just such a pure soul and has such a big heart. We could make acool vid!

5 What's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

Write for yourself first, others second. Make a story that you yourself would enjoy.Not everyone will like what you write, but if you do and you love doing it, itwill be an amazing story despite the reads or votes you have. You do you!

6 What's your dream vacation?

EUROPE. I feel like there is so much history there that the US doesn't have. VisitingGreece, or Italy, or Scotland, or anywhere with so much character would be adream for me.

7 How would you celebrate a publishing deal?

I'd probably take my family out to a nice dinner. This isn't something I'vethought much about, but I would love to experience it!

8 What's the best way to spend a rainy day?

Reading, writing, or playing a video game.

9 Who is your favorite author?

S.Jae. Jones. She hasn't written much, but she is so honest in her writing andvery open on social media with her followers. She also lets people know abouther own struggles with writing and within herself, and I find thatvulnerability so needed and admirable in today's world. Though I haven't mether, I feel like I know her.

10 What's a good way to handle a bully?

When I was picked on when I was younger, I would be myself and ignore the comments. I knew that they couldn't actually harm me even though the words sometimes I hurt. I guess I just thought that I could be better, that by ignoring them, I took some of their power away.

11 What's your favorite movie?

This is a question I will forever struggle with because I love so many movies for somany different reasons. Like I love an action movie for completely differentreasons compared to a romance. One movie that will always get me, though, is"Phantom of the Opera", the live version. The raw emotion andheartbreak and passion... ugh, it just gets me.

request time!

If you're someone who likes heartbreak and raw emotion, too, you should check out my work in progress "Captive(ated)". It's written as a letter from a girl to her captor with a twist to it: "First you captivated me, and then you held me captive". Evelyn met Caleb and fell in love with him hard and fast, but when he takes her home to meet his family, she finds out that he is not the person she thought he was, and once you're brought home to meet the parents, there is no escape. There is so much to this story that I'm excited about, and it's a writing style I love!

I hope you all check it out and thank you for reading about me! :D