interview #24 @BookGirlHP

1 what's one Wattpad goal?

My Wattpad goal is to be noticed. I don't have a ton of reads on any of books andI've never won any competitions. Not only do I want to be noticed by readers,but I want to be noticed by companies, too. I guess overall my goals are to winthe Wattys (or at least make the shortlist) and be noticed by a publishing company.

2 what inspired you to write?

I was inspired to write because I would watch some of the artists in myelementary school classes and their art looked perfect while mine looked likestick figures. It was then that I concluded: I'm not good at drawing. Thisupset my younger self because I wanted to be good at something. I remember whenI wrote my first short story--now lost in a dump somewhere. It was about apoliceman and a dog that liked to play with tennis balls (because that was whenI started taking tennis lessons). I didn't recognize that as a talent until Iwas 13 and I got permission to make an account on Wattpad. I started offwriting 2 books: "9:00" and "Halloween Robots". They wereawful, so I took them down. I guess I was inspired by my inability to drawwell.

3 what's your favorite holiday and why?

My favorite holiday is probably Thanksgiving. I like to hang out with my family, but most of all, I love watching the Macy's Day Parade and switch between channels to watch all the Broadway performances.

4 what's your favorite book?

This is the toughest question ever. My top 3series are Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins,and The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan.

5 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

My favorite thing about Wattpad is probably being able to access thousands of freebooks and being able to create my own. Kind of like Show and Tell fromkindergarten.

6 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

I would probably go with Kara Lindsey, so I could talk to her about"Wicked" and "Newsies". Plus, she likes peanut butter andso do I.

7 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follow or comment?

I'm surprised when I get a comment because I've only ever gotten like 3 or 4between all my books. I only have maybe 20 votes for all my books combined so Ibasically throw a party when someone votes. And I'm a part of so many contestsat this point that I'm not surprised about followers since in some contests itis required to follow your judges.

8 what's your dream vacation?

My dream vacation is going to Broadway and seeing all my favorite shows. This istotally unrealistic because some aren't even on Broadway yet. I would do thator visit the world's largest Barnes and Noble's, if that exists.

9 what's the best way to spend a rainy day?

Either watching DC shows on Netflix, rereading a Harry Potter book, listening tomusicals, or driving (I can't drive yet so I guess riding in a car).

10 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

I would buy a blank cookie cake from Walmart, decorate it with icing from JoanneFabrics (if I spelled that right), and eat it with my family and neighbors. AndI would also run around my house screaming for good measure.

11 What's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

"Surrender" by Malinda.

Request time!

I would like to request "Dear Future, " because I have a preview up as of now and I really could use some feedback. I also think I have a very original idea going so anyone who wants something new and exciting should give this preview (which I may put more of the book out, too) a try.

 I also think I have a very original idea going so anyone who wants something new and exciting should give this preview (which I may put more of the book out, too) a try