interview #4 @_caitlinemma

1 What inspired you to write?

Books. Books have always, and always will be my inspiration to write. The ability to dive into a completely different world and immerse yourself in that world for days on end is a priceless treasure. The thought that I might be able to create a world the same was always a goal and inspiration of mine that first got me into writing. 

2 How would you spend a rainy day?

I would spend a rainy day two different ways, depending on my mood! I would either make it an all-round lazy day - stay in bed until it's inhuman to not get up, then laze about the house playing PlayStation all day (I LOVE Assassin's Creed) - or make it a writing day - perhaps read for a while, then turn the telly onto a good movie and bring my writing out! 

3 What's your favorite movie?

My favourite movie franchise of ALL TIME is How To Train Your Dragon. Judge me all you want, I don't care - but those movies are INCREDIBLE.

4 If you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

I would definitely choose Colleen Houck. I am absolutely in AWE of her writing skills and adore all the books she's written and released. Ren, you have my heart (don't tell my boyfriend that). 

5 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follower or comment?

Absolutely! I read through every single email I get from wattpad, whether it be one that tells me I have a new follower, or a new comment on my profile, or a comment on my book! I love interacting with my readers whenever I can, and definitely don't underestimate how incredible it is that I have this opportunity to communicate with them so closely.

6 If you could spend the day with your favorite celeb, who would you choose and what would you do?

TAYLOR SWIFT. And I would just be Taylor Swift, because damn that girl is awesome.

7 What's your dream vacation?

Spending a solid 2 or 3 months in Greece and Italy. It has been my absolute dream sinceI was about 8 or 9 years old. 12 years later and I'm still hoping it'll be apossibility!

8 What's one Wattpad goal?

Honestly, I've reached the first goal I ever set myself for Wattpad - to earn 1 million views on my book. Now, my goal would probably be to properly edit my book so I could entice more readers to enter the world I created!

9 What's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

My all-time  favourite song is All I Want by Kodaline. Gets the heartstrings every time. 

10 What's a good piece for a newcomer? 

A good piece of advice for a newcomer would be to never give up. I was a memberof Wattpad for over 4 years before my books really started to take off - justbecause you're not getting many reads now doesn't mean you'll never get any.Just persevere, keep at your writing, and you might find you've hit onethousand, one hundred, one million reads one day.

11 What's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

Definitely the community. I love being able to communicate with all my readers and see exactly what kind of people are reading your book. When you're a published author, you have no idea when people react to your book or want to comment on something that just happened. I think that's so cool to see!

Request Time!

Definitely give Hades a go! If you love Greek mythology, it's a beautiful modern twist on the ancient myth of Persephone and Hades - you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll (hopefully) hate me a little for all the plot twists, so it's really a whole package! I'm incredibly proud of my books, and I would really recommend anyone with a taste for fantasy to check them out!