interview #11 @darkwatersabove

1 What is your favorite thing about Wattpad?

I love the community. I really like how connected people are on here. There areso many ways to talk and get to know others. Everyone helps each other - forthe most part. This is a place where an inexperienced person can get reallygood at their craft and display it for others with similar interests. They areways to challenge yourself, fun activities and contests, clubs etc. that reallymake the atmosphere very welcoming. We're like one big family, with all thehighs and lows that come with it.

2 What's your favorite holiday and why?

Oh gosh, this is hard. I think either Halloween or Christmas. Halloween because Iam a very dark person with a facetious sense of humor and I love dressing upand acting. I can be myself with the excuse of being someone else. I alsoreally like night time, despite being a morning bird more so I'm general.Christmas because I like spending time with family and staying up late andtalking over a big meal. Presents are a bonus for me.

3 What inspired you to write?

I think a lot of things inspired me to write. The first thing I remember writing was a story in Kindergarten that the school got published. Ever since then, I have always wanted to write, I've always thought I was fun and it's always made me happy. Another thing would be that I love to read and listen to music. I read a ton of books, many of which I enjoy very much and I've always had this sense that I wanted to be able to make things like the author did, to write a story and share it with the world. The other thing was listening to music because when I hear a song, if I can pick out the lyrics, images appear in my head. Like a movie, I just imagine, and that turns into stories. Also, ever since I was young, I have been writing down ideas for books and stories and such things, that I feel I've always been inspired to write simply because I haven't had anything telling me no. My family is also big on writing, so growing up in "everyone's written something" sort of family really helps that

4 How would you celebrate a publishing deal?

Well to be honest, I really don't know. I haven't exactly thought about that yet. Iwould probably make myself cookie bars.

5 What's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

A song?  Yeesh, I have so many. Well, to narrow it down to three, Some Believe by Mary Crowell; Crack a Bottle, Run a Bath by Shayfer James; and Come Along by Cosmo Sheldrake. But since I have to choose, Come Along is my favorite of the three.

6 What's your dream vacation?

Well...Either up in the mountains in an isolated little cabin or down on the beachesof a secluded jungle island. Forcing me to choose whether I like earthy placesor watery places more is like ripping me in half - It's very hard

7 What's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

Jam write. Just jam write. Take ten minutes and start writing and DO NOT STOP. Many want to stop at seven, thinking there isn't anything they can think of, but you force yourself to keep going, you will soon find that there is an unstoppable flow of words kept inside, and you will soon have a fantastic story.

A good story does NOT mean good grammar. Please do not think that your story is bad simply because you have bad grammar or bad spelling. You will never get anywhere. Grammar and how words are spelled do not change the plot line. If you read your story and think "I would like it if the grammar was correct", you are kidding yourself. It is the Same. Exact. Story. I cannot push this enough. If you don't like the story with bad grammar, what makes you think you'll like it with good grammar? If you expect your writing to be perfect or just want that little thing to be fixed, fix it and work on it. Nothing is perfect, but you can get pretty darn close to it.

Don't be afraid to get help. Please don't think you're good enough to not need help. Because you're not. No one is above help. If you need it and can't get it face-to-face, there are a TON of books here on Wattpad for you with millions of people who shouldn't mind being of assistance.

8 What is your favorite book?

The School For Good And Evil by Soman Chainani.

9 What's one Wattpad goal?

To get a lot of books on here for people to read. All the ideas I have, I want to get on Wattpad. I originally came on Wattpad to write, but that turned into reading as soon as I saw what it actually was like, and while I have two works, I really just do what I came to do and connect that way with others. I think my biggest goal is to complete my first real story on Wattpad.

10 What is your favorite movie?

Spectral. I love spectral and it fits in with my love for sci-fi movies. It was such a great plot line and a lot of people die. That's probably not a good typing to like about a movie, but it's what defines my kind of movie.

Request time!

My request is Mythical Creatures. Why someone should read Mythical Creatures: If you like creatures from myth or legend, you would like my book. I have an enormous list of creatures and people I write about. Every creature has a description and a picture (with a few exceptions on the image part), and every source is cited. I have cryptids and Gods also for anyone interested in those. This is great book for learning about a lot of mythical creatures, but you don't have to! You can also refer to it when you need a guide if you are talking with friends or need ideas for animals in your stories or even if you are writing and you want to add a mythical creature, don't know much about it. If you don't see a creature you want to see or want to know about a creature I don't have, I take requests! Yup, that's right! If you need anything about a mythical creature, just ask! However, if you request for something I already have, I will refer you to the proper chapter in the proper book. Fair warning: my updates are pretty sporadic, but I try my best to add at least two creatures a week, I just haven't been currently because I've been loaded down with homework.

My cover is of a mossy whale head in an aquarium tank with a few people standing and looking at the tank and had a white circle symbol above the title. The name Maci Abbruzzetti is at the top. The colors are dark and the water is gray and muted. The people are silhouettes

 The people are silhouettes