interview #19 @KyanaKnight

1 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

My favourite thing is probably just being able to interact with the people whoread my books. I have met some really great people on here who even support meand my writing adventured outside of Wattpad, so that is really awesome.

2 what inspired you to write?

When I was little my parents would read to me every night until I could eventuallyread myself. I always had a big imagination so when it was time for me to go tosleep I would imagine different ways the book could finish. That's sort of howthat started. One day I got behind my dad's laptop and started writing my ownstories, they weren't any good and I got very frustrated by my own spellingmistakes and that I couldn't find the proper words to say what I mean. It tookyears for me to put the first story online.

3 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

It would have to be either George R.R. Martin or J.K Rowling, but the question would be the same: How do you plot out your books in a way that you're still excited to write them? I think both A Song of Ice and Fire (GoT) and Harry Potter are so greatly thought out, but if I feel like if I were to plan that out so amazingly detailed I would just lose interest in writing it. 

4 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

My all-time favourite band is and will always be Thirty Seconds to Mars. With myfavourite song being Remedy.

5 what's one Wattpad goal?

I don't really have any Wattpad goals. My goal has always been to eventuallypublish my own book, which is already in the works so that is great. I think ifI had to say something I would say that I hope I'll never stop writing on here.Just the support I get on my weeklyupdates are more than enough to keep me going for the rest of my life.

6 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

Read, read, read and read. You can't be a writer without having first been a reader, the exact same goes for Wattpad. The rules we follow (Punctuation, the way we lay out our paragraphs) are different from 'traditional' books. So, reading first will ensure your book fits in.

7 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

Absolutely! This isn't my first Wattpad account, I solely made this one to hide it away from my family and friends who follow me on my main one. I wanted to write fanfics and just whatever came to mind without being judged, so I really just regarded this one as a throwaway account. Never in a million years did I think my fanfic would reach 1k, let alone 93k. I think the thing that surprises me the most is the comments. People are so genuine and nice and supportive, it's unreal. They definitely helped me get through my insecurities. 

8 what's your favorite book?

My favourite book is probably Harry Potter. Though I have to say my favourite book on Wattpad is by far Ace of Spades by the-killing-j0k3 , I read it for the first time when I was fifteen and loved it back then, now I am rereading it four years later and I am still in love. She is such a great writer.

9 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

My schedule right now is very hectic! I still upload every Saturday on here, butthat is not the only writing I do. I am currently spending most of my time onpublishing my book, so whatever time I have free from that is either writing mynext book, writing for Wattpad or filming/editing for YouTube. It's absolutelyinsane and half of the time I wish I could take a break from it but it is alsolike a dream come true to be able to do this.

10 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

I don't really have a favourite celeb anymore,but I am still a big fan of Marvel, so I guess I would have to say spend theday with Chris Evans and go to the End Game premiere!

11 what's your favorite holiday and why?

I am an actual child when it comes to this but the entire month of December is a holiday month for me! On the fifth there is a national holiday here in the Netherlands. Ten days later and it's my birthday, and then another ten days and it's Christmas! Not to mention New Year's which is also insanely fun here because everyone gets to buy fireworks and for one day of the year it's complete chaos in our well-structured country. So sorry to take over the question, but my favourite holiday is just December!

Request time!

Like I said, most of my time and energy is currently going to my published book. It's set to come out in two months, but I am keeping people updated through my Instagram @AliceWestcreek

the book's description:

Julia lives inside the safe walls of the Union. Her entire life had been spent in poverty, so when the chance comes to leave, she takes it without thinking. She endures months of grueling training, only to be faced with the harsh reality of a world divided by a wall.

The radiates, the people who live beyond the wall, are uniting under one leader. Their actions become bolder and bloodier; nothing seems to be able to stop them from going to war