interview #11 @almostpretentious

1 what's one Wattpad goal?

One Wattpad goal I have is to get readers who genuinely like my content, not just people who read because they feel obligated or to trade reads. I'd like to get "The Camelot Failure" to 5k reads someday.

2 what is your favorite thing about Wattpad?

My favorite thing about Wattpad is the support from others. I like that I can finda network of people who will regularly check my stories and leave insightfulcomments and help me grow as a writer.

3 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

My piece of advice to a newcomer would be reach out to authors you admire! Makefriends and get to know people! It's nice to have friends on Wattpad and it'salso a good way to get people interested in your stories.

4 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

If I could gain advice from my favorite author, I would ask Victor Hugo how towrite a story that lasts. His stories are timeless and so beautifully human andI wish I could hear his thoughts on how he weaves these incredible stories andcharacter.

5 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

Currently obsessed with Roaring 20s by Panic at the Disco!

6 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

I would probably call my best friend and freak out, maybe hang out with some friends, and then chill out with some tea and good music.

7 what's your favorite holiday and why?

My favorite holiday is Christmas because it creates this atmosphere of excitement everywhere that really does seem magical. Sounds cliche, but like, people are happy around Christmas. It's nice to see. I also love snow, and the Polish food that my family celebrates with!

8 what's your favorite book?

My favorite book is without a doubt Hunchback of Notre Dame. Absolutely stunning tale of humanity, love, religion, and fate. Hugo's writing is incredible and nothing has ever hit me the same way.

9 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

I write when I can. It's not a lot, I'm super busy during the school year.Usually it's at night after ten and on Saturday mornings. I do update "TheCamelot Failure" every Thursday, so I squeeze in time to make sure I havechapters ready.

10 what's your dream vacation?

My dream vacation is probably touring Europe and seeing all the history(especially France). I'm a sucker for European history, especially medievalhistory, and I'd love to see as much of it as I can. My dream vacation isseeing Notre Dame, but...that's...not going to happen for a good ten years orso while it gets rebuilt...

11 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

Yes! It surprises me that people read my stuff! And that they're engaged enough to comment! It's a very good surprise though. Brightens my day a lot to know that someone out there likes what I've created.

Request time!

The Camelot Failure" is a novel I'm writing about the unknown, underappreciated, and slightly disaster younger brother of Lancelot. Convinced that he'll never be more than the pitiable drunk, Hector never expects anything in his life will change. However, he suddenly finds himself in the midst of a mysterious abduction with the newest and most painfully optimistic knight and is forced to rise above the circumstances and figure out if he's got some knightly tricks up his sleeve after all.

 However, he suddenly finds himself in the midst of a mysterious abduction with the newest and most painfully optimistic knight and is forced to rise above the circumstances and figure out if he's got some knightly tricks up his sleeve after all