interview #26 @MaggieRays

1 What's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

My favorite thing about Wattpad would have to be the contests/awards. There'salways a fun challenge to take on and participating usually motivates andinspires me, like in the Open Novella Contest. Also, you get to meet all kindsof interesting people and authors, which is always fun.

2 What inspired you to write?

I started writing when I was in middle school because during recess one day it was raining so we had to stay in, and my friend suggested we give each other a title and try to write a quick story with it. I had never considered writing for fun before and I suddenly couldn't stop. The title she gave me was "I fell off the Eiffel tower," and I wrote an entire book with that title over the course of a few months.

3 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follower or comment?

Sure! I mean, I'm not sure it's really surprise so much as I'm just happy to have readers to interact with. I love leaving loads of comments when I read, so I like receiving them as well haha.

4 What's the best way to spend a rainy day?

See answer 2. Haha.

5 What's a song you enjoy? Who is artist?

Oufff, that's a tough one but a song I've been replaying lately is 7 Rings by ArianaGrande. This isn't a good example of my usual music tastes, but I just find itso hilarious! When I'm not dancing to Ari, I listen to songs that inspire mefor my books.

6 Who is your favorite author?

My favorite authors are Margaret Mitchell, Jane Austen, Paula McLain, JulieJohnson and Noella Adams. I'm also a big fan of Jo Watson and Coleen Hoover.

7 What's your dream vacation?

My dream vacation would be to go back to New York and spend days in museums.

8 If you could spend the day with your favorite celeb, who would you choose and what would you do?

I'm not sure I have a favorite celebrity... I suppose I would pick an actor,though, and make them film a movie adaptation of one of my books? In a singleday? Somehow? LOL or maybe just go for a bite of pizza.

9 What's your favorite book?

Oufff ok here goes... my favorite books are Gone with the Wind, The Paris Wife, The Girl duet, I'm thinking of Ending Things, Going Over, Guernsey Literary Society, The Uglies (whole series!)

10 What's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

A good piece of advice would be: "Don't worry about whether or not your book is any good. Write a bad book if you have to, just to get started. Then REWRITE IT.

I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a good dystopian story with lots of action/adventure, romance, and unexpected twists!

Rewrite it until it's perfect. Read all the books about how to edit that book to perfection. You will learn tons during the rewriting process and you can use those lessons towards your next book. Don't stop writing. Also: use a basic story structure at first. It doesn't sound fun, but the sooner you learn all the rules, the sooner you can start breaking them haha.

11 How would you celebrate a publishing deal?

If I ever get a publishing deal, I'll be sure to let you know. ;)

Request time!

a book I am currently excited about is Daughters of the King. It's a dystopian survival story which is completely different from the usual genre I write, so it was far out of my comfort zone, but most of all it is the riskiest ending I've ever written and people have had completely mixed reactions. So it's been a bit of an experiment, which is fun.

 So it's been a bit of an experiment, which is fun