interview #36 @ManeetSurana

1 what's your favorite part of Wattpad?

It's been more than a year on Wattpad. The experience has been good so far. There have been some very good and some very bad reads. But, the community out here is just amazing. This is one thing I like about the app. The next is you get to write stuff and also get to connect with the readers, which is not the case with physical​ books. You can also quickly make changes and edits. On readers'request, you can change the whole plot. You can revamp one whole book without losing much.There are some rare glitches here and there, but the overall experience has been good.

2 what's one Wattpad goal?

I like telling stories to people and so I am just here to enjoy telling stories that run through my mind, to the people. So, there hasn't been any major goals to achieve.

3 what's your favorite holiday and why?

All holidays. Because, that's the time I get to complete my sleep XD. I not an early bird, so holidays, mean extra time to sleep. I am a huge sleep freak

4 If you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

I don't follow any celebs in general. But, if I get to spend a day with someone,I'd love the opportunity. I'd want to spend the day by joining them in their daily chores, I just want to experience how it feels like to be a celeb outthere! And the end of day, how hectic it is!

5 what's a song you enjoy? who is the artist?

I love good music. But, to the disappointment of most Wattpaders out here, I don't listen to any bands or English music. It's all about the soft Hindi songs. Choosing one is a tough task, because I enjoy almost all the songs on my album. At times, enjoyment depends on moods as well, I mean, whenever I am off my mood, I'll prefer heartbreak or soft, melodies. When I am in a writing mood, there's this song called Khalibali, it's been a great help, it released this year and has heavy and energetic music, and it's also picturized on the villain of the film it is from

6 Who is your favorite author?

I haven't reading any real (physical) books as yet. But, talking about Wattpad,@Ellen_Reese and @SheHopes (Sandra Grayson) are my favorites. I love reading/ watching almost all types of thrillers, and these two provide me those thrills and chills I want to get from a great story. Talking about physicalbooks, I read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes almost all my teenage​ at the school library. I will surely complete the other book at my home and also hope,I am able to complete the entire volume...

7 how would you spend a rainy day?

One of the perks of being from Mumbai is you get a holiday on a day with extreme rains, so I'll prefer sleeping the whole day. You see, I am a pretty boring person. But, if I am on a hill station on a nice vacay, I prefer venturing out and enjoying the rain

8 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

Michael Dell once said, 'If you have an idea, just try it'. I'll advise a newcomer, the same. I'll ask them to be patient, because, here on Wattpad, the community is so dynamic, that it takes time for a newbie to establish. But, patience is the key. If the you believe in your idea, however new it is on Wattpad, it will work after a certain time. 

9 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

I am very non-regular with my writing​. I write whenever, I feel my mind is ready to it and I have a good idea and a good amount of words to write. Though, that's a bit irresponsible on my part to keep my readers waiting. But, continuous writing and publishing, just for the sake of it, doesn't make sense to me. It means, I am not enjoying my writing and it's a burden to me. I was writing with Freedom, with a relaxed mind. I don't want to take pressure out of writing. It's something I enjoy doing. Taking pressure, means compromising with my quality and standard of writing, and I am not doing that. 

10 what's the best way to handle a bully?

I have a first hand experience of getting bullied through my entire childhood. I am still pretty short tempered, and so the option to handle bullying that I knew back then was violence. No, no I didn't end up killing someone, XD. I am never doing that either. I won't advise that as an option, but ignorance canwork, the only way bullies are promoted to more bullying when they see you responding in action or emotion. Don't let them see or feel that their task isdone. Just ignore and move. If there's violet bullying, be courageous and take the help of the authorities at school/college or maybe talk to your parents and just don't let the person suppress you.

11 what's your dream vacation?

Just a trek, an escape from the monotony of life

Request Time :

I am currently writing my first ever book on Wattpad, it's a fictional crime-thriller surrounding the life-events of a fictional cricketer. It's called, "The Final Innings" and has 15 chapters and stands at 1.02 K reads as of 12 October 2018

02 K reads as of 12 October 2018