interview #56 @Hubrism

1 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

 I have two jobs: one is a full time corporate that I enjoy and puts food on my table, and the other one is writing. The latter I enjoy even more, and one day will also put food on my table. Until then, I mostly write after my day job on weekdays and also weekends. I write one chapter per session and try to keep a consistent pace, so that I can complete a novel in a few months, edit it, and spend a couple of months planning the next one. Rinse and repeat.

 2 what's your favorite snack?

 Sadly for my waist line I have a weakness for sweets. Sadly for my wallet I also have a weakness for the weird things you can find at trendy supermarkets (hello, kombucha, look at you, sexy mushroom coffee). 

3 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer? 

Nothing about writing caters to the instant gratification generation. It's hard, grunt work. Sometimes you'll get it right, sometimes you won't. Often you won't get the praise you believe is due. Overnight success is a mirage. Show up, do the work, don't give up, be consistent, be open minded and way, way above all: finish your shit. 

4 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do

I'd sit down at a cool café for an afternoon and discuss politics over the most millennial drinks possible with Chris Evans. 

5 Who is your favorite author? 

I go in phases, but right now my favorite one is Brigid Kemmerer. Not only is she a kickass, sweet and supportive person on social media, but I had the chance to meet her this year and confirm that she's like that in real life as well. Plus, she writes heart wrenching books that do very good things for me. 13/10 recommend.

6 what's your dream vacation? 

A whole month traveling around Japan with an infinite budget to buy all the funky snacks and anime/manga nerdy things that I dreamed about growing up. 

7 what inspired you to write? 

I had two big moments in life. The first one was when I was a kid, because I always had (and still do), problems falling asleep. My sister told me to make up stories in my head to get me tired, and that's how I started coming up with my own ideas. The ah hah! moment came when I decided I wanted to properly learn English, so I could read a lot of anime fanfiction online. My cocky little self thought I could write better* than what I was reading, and that was how I took the jump. (*I could not.)

 8 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist? 

This is a loaded question for me, because I'm a music junkie to the point that I wrote a whole book about this topic. I'll say my favorite song, the one that reduces me to a puddle of feels every time, is Pushing Me Away by Linkin Park.

 9 what's your favorite holiday and why? 

Christmas. That's the most important holiday for my family and we try to always spend it together eating traditional Venezuelan food and screaming at each other lovingly. 

10 what's your favorite TV show? 

Right now it's Brooklyn 99. I'm so thankful for the joy this show has brought me in the deep dark abyss of 2019. 

11 what do you enjoy most about Wattpad?

 The motivation to write. Just wondering if someone out there will connect with my books helps me sit down and get them done. 

Request time! 

 My next book is MAKE A SCENE, coming out this June with updates twice a week. This book is very special, because it takes a trope we know and love, the bad boy vs. good girl, and twists it around asking: How bad can a good girl really be? And how good can the bad boy be for her?

 good girl, and twists it around asking: How bad can a good girl really be? And how good can the bad boy be for her?