interview #62 @outofthelabyrinth

1 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

My favorite thing about Wattpad would have to be the extremely supportivecommunity. Everyone is welcoming and supportive and no-one hesitates to givefeedback if they have the time and you politely request it. You meet a lot oflike-minded people and form strong connections.

2 how would you advise a Wattpad newbie?

Being new to Wattpad can be very intimidating ! My advice would be to check out new work, leave honest feedback, join book clubs and things to actively be a part of the community. The more goodwill you spread, the more you get - what goes around comes around. Also, be patient - success doesn't materialize overnight 

3 what's your favorite holiday and why?

My favorite holiday has to be Christmas because - GIFTS. (I still believe in Santa). You get to spend time with your loved ones and also guzzle down all the yummy food ! That's reason enough !

4 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

Iwould definitely hang out with Benedict Cumberbatch because a) he has the bestaccent in the world b) he is genuinely someone who's work I love and who'spersonality I admire very much. He seems like such a chill, fun guy ! We wouldprobably spend the day in pajamas watching movies and eating pizza .

5 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follow or comment?

Newsupport on my book is always welcome and I still get a little thrill ofsurprise and pleasure. It's always appreciated and I'm always grateful for it.

6 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

I write pretty much all the time. What runs byschedule is editing. I write my writing every week and publish weekly updatesunless I have exam season

7 what's your favorite book?

Myfavorite book is God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy - it's the one book thathas absolutely shaken me to my very core

8 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

Ienjoy a lot of songs by the artist Sleeping at Last - they are relaxing andhelp me in my writing process - my favorite song by them would be 'Saturn'

9 what's one Wattpad goal?

MyWattpad goal is to have a million reads on my works - it's a steep goal but anauthor can dream

10 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

I would probably give myself a super nicedinner treat at my favorite restaurant and also buy myself some nice poetrybooks and a few pretty journals !

11 who is your favorite author?

Ihave a bunch of favorite authors - Sylvia Plath, Virginia Woolf, Arundhati Roy,Joseph Conrad, Douglas Adams to name a few

Request time!

Let the Colours Out Is a story for all those of you who've had dreams, and who've had those dreams shattered. It's for those of you who don't have the courage to decide what to do just yet. For each and every one of you out there, who believe that you can't do it, or that you're not enough, or that life's getting so hard that it's harder to breathe every night.

Hold on. You guys are far stronger than you know. You will make it one day.

And you'll realize how futile it was to ever believe that you couldn't.

I hope this story stays on in your mind, and whispers hope into your ears, the way it has done me.