interview #22 @UnderMySkin

1 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

My favourite thing about Wattpad, despite all its hiccups, is that it is a place for writers of all backgrounds and levels to share and develop their passion. Some of us have been writing for so long and some of us are brand new. But this platform allows everyone to share their work and grow as writers.

2 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

I'm a morning writer, I get up at 6AM every single day regardless of what day orhow late I stayed up the night before, in order to find the time to write. Withworking seven days a week, baseball games, trying to squeeze in some form of asocial life, the only time I'm able to really get into my writing is in themorning with a nice cup of coffee at my side. So roughly one to two hours inthe AM, every day

3 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

To not stress about the reads you gain, the votes, or the polishedness of yourbook. Too many people stress about perfection, when this is a platform forlearning. Just write the whole story you have in your head, get it all down onpaper. Nobody likes their first draft, so don't worry about it not being a hitright away. But finishing the story is more important than perfecting the firstchapter.

4 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

Not particularly, I've dabbled in a lot of areas and genres here, so I have a lovely following. I appreciate every single read, vote, comment, follower, and reading list add. It means so much to me that any of my work gets noticed, whether it be a big hit fanfiction, or a small original work that gets overlooked by the masses. 

5 how would you spend a rainy day?

Well, assuming I'm not working (which I always am, seven days a week), I would likelybe reading or writing. I like to balance reading novels and writing my books.My goal is to read one book a week, every year.

6 what inspired you to write?

Tough question. It's been years since I started writing. But I think what inspired me to actually do more in regard to writing was Quizilla, this ancient old platform that is long gone now. I saw other people writing and realized I could do it too. I started with fanfiction, which I dabble in here and there, but I focus more on original works now. I think it is impossible to pinpoint one inspiration when really it comes from every book I've read, every song I've heard, every other writer out there who shares the passion.

7 what's one Wattpad goal?

My Wattpad Goal... I would love for some of my work to really inspire others towrite. I write for myself, it's therapeutic for me. So instead of saying myWattpad goal is X amount of reads or followers, I would like my writing toinspire others. I think that's the most important thing about writing, raisingothers up. It can be pretty toxic on Wattpad sometimes, I've seen a lot of hateand people ripping others down. I think if we focused on the good and helpingeach other up the ladder, it would be a much kinder place. 

8 what's your favorite holiday and why?

I don't celebrate any holidays except Halloween. Not only is it my favourite timeof year, but I think it allows people to get out there and be their realselves. Just like with writing, sometimes it is easier to put yourself on paperor put yourself in a costume, and it gives you confidence. I love all thingsspooky and creepy. Witches are a huge inspiration to my writing, and soHallow's Eve is truly the holiday I embrace year round!

9 what's your favorite snack?

My favourite snack? I'm not much of a snacker, being a very health orientedperson. This is going to sound super lame, but my favourite snack is probablytofu!

10 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

Another tough one. I love a lot of music and listen to instrumental scores when I write. But I think a song I would suggest to people out there would be "Gentleman" by July Talk. They are a Canadian band whom I've seen twice and met recently. Their music is duet-style but defies the traditions of duets. They're gritty and sexy and their lyrics are phenomenal.

11 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

If I could hang out with my favourite celebrity, I would probably choose Tom Hardy. What would we do? Well, we both like dogs so I guess hang out with some dogs. 

Request Time:

I would suggest my book "Red" to people. It was the first original story I ever wrote and completed, about ten years ago now. It's changed drastically since then, of course, but the book was the catalyst for my writing. Since completing it and revising it, it has loaned itself to be the foundation of four other books. It is Dark Fantasy, filled with witches and things that go bump in the night, paired with real history of witch trails, werewolf trials, and other things. The story "Red" eventually created a world of characters that mean a lot to me, and has three completed sequels, and one currently in the works!

 The story "Red" eventually created a world of characters that mean a lot to me, and has three completed sequels, and one currently in the works!