interview #20 @Kinahloves

1 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

I usually just write during the two/ three- or six-week holidays we get in South Africa. That's when I have the most time. I also try to write when I'm on the bus going home after school as I have nothing to do during that time. 

2 what inspired you to write?

Ina sense, nothing really inspired me to write. At seven I just one day picked upa pencil and wrote an ending to a story which had left on a cliffhanger, and ina way I guess that story inspired me to start writing. ( I'm not sure if thatmakes sense )

3 who is your favorite celeb?

I  have so many! Jennifer Lopez, Cardi B, KhloeKardashian, Theo James, Cameron Boyce, Lauren Daigle, Marwa Loud, Michael BJordan,

4 what's your dream vacation?

Avacation in Switzerland/ Canada/ Costa Rica with my siblings. (5 siblings—huge, I know) Ad long as I'm with them, I think we can find enough spice toentertain ourselves

5 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

Idon't really have a favourite author. I literally just pick up books from thelibrary and read. My favourite author depends on who's book I'm reading at thetime and currently it's Ally Carter. I guess I'd ask her how is it that shekept the spark alive in a book series of six books without missing a beat. Howdid she start the next five books after the first without forgetting anythingat all about her characters, whether it's how they would speak, what they wouldnormally say, their personality.

6 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

This sounds very cheesy, but, write for yourself and yourself only. When I first came to Wattpad, all I wanted was to be big and recognized. I wrote a book based off of what I saw was getting the most views, likes and comments. Then I took a step back and read my work and I could tell that it just wasn't my style nor what I wanted to say. That's why if you check my profile and you see my first book, 'Savin the Earth' only has one chapter. Because I couldn't keep up with someone else's idea and style. I had to rake it down because it wasn't representing me or my voice and so I'm writing it behind closed doors before publishing it all like I did with 'Skin' and it's already getting buzz.

So, remember to write for you and put your best foot forward.

7 what's your favorite holiday and why?

Christmas,because it celebrates something beautiful. The birth of Jesus and the idea ofgiving instead of receiving. It just kind of sucks that people think that youonly have to give around Christmas time and not all year long.

8 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

That people get to leave their comments and as a writer you can interact with your readers and vice versa. Whereas on an actual book you can't leave comments where you scream at the main character or the author for making a move which crushes your soul. 

9 what's one Wattpad goal?

Wattpad Star, baby. Like what happened for 'Kissing booth', 'To all the boys I've loved before', 'Hunger Games', 'Divergent' and to 'Fahrenheit 451' I want to happen to my books (and those to come)

10 how would you spend a rainy day?

Sleeping while dreaming of stressing for test or assignments.

11 what's your favorite movie?

JusticeLeague / Annabelle/ the Conjuring 2/ Avenger's Infinity War/ Black Panther /Prince of Egypt/ Pocahontas

Request time!

I would request that you read my book called 'Skin'. It's a Historical Fiction book based on the Apartheid regime of South Africa before 1994 and the idea of black slavery in other parts of the world as well as Hitler's treatment of Jews during world war II. It's a mashup of a lot of ideas which is what makes it interesting and unique. It's a very unfiltered book (Please don't get offended by it) and it deals with a lot of problems of the past and problems which some people still face today. If you want to read a different book, one that is in the point of view of both the people at the top of the power pyramid and those at the bottom then this is the book for you.

 If you want to read a different book, one that is in the point of view of both the people at the top of the power pyramid and those at the bottom then this is the book for you