interview #1 @your_awkward_niqabi

1 what's one Wattpad goal?

Be able to connect with others, capture hearts and get others to understand different aspects of life with the art of writing. 

2 what is your favorite thing about Wattpad?

The fact that anyone can express their thoughts and emotions through words that others can read and often relate. 

3 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR FOLLOWERS! Trust me. I myself am a beginner and I have around fifty followers, but honestly that is not the point. Not all of your followers are guaranteed to read your story. And my main aim is for people to support me by commenting and voting my book. There is no point in someone following you and not reading your story. Make sure to put your heart and soul into work. But before anything, be confident and in case you feel insecure, find someone who can boost your self-confidence. To be honest, only 10 to 15 of my followers actually read my story and comment. And i have a few other great friends who show their support by reading my story. So yeah, the point is to get people to read your story, not to follow you. ( And this advice is mainly for new writers who wish to publish a story. To a new wattpadian- Explore and enjoy!)

4 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

Of course, a small and simple comment saying 'this was great' or 'I enjoyed this chapter, waiting for more' can make me write thousands of words. I am still a beginner and i do not have a posting schedule and if a person comments something nice and asks for more, I immediately get this rush of adrenaline that triggers my fingers and makes me type a chapter within a few hours and bear in your mind that sometimes i take weeks to update my book. So yes, comments and votes makes my day and it is very valuable to me.

5 what's the best way to handle a bully?

To begin with, a person becomes a 'bully' because he or she is actually facing something brutal but they aren't sure how to deal with it. They often find themselves tangled up in a predicament and when they cannot handle it anymore,they take it out on others who potentially become as 'victims'. If you are the latter, try to figure the exact reason why they bully you. And if they are dealing with something terrible, try to get them the help they need. But if that person bullies you for the sake of their pleasure and fun, DO NOT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT! Don't put yourself in a situation where they can get you easily. Inform the school council and if in case they don't believe it then getevidence. Somehow and use it for your sake. No one can get away with beingvile. So try your best not to lose yourself and your spark with their meaningless words. Sometimes pretend to be a tree or a wall or a brick. You can't t see, you can hear and you can't feel. So in the end they would feel like fools. Their goal is to get a reaction from you, so don't react at all. 

6 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

My schedule is terrible but I am trying my best to update my story as often as Ican. I have taken a break for a month and I have taken the initiative to update consistently once I return back.

7 what's your dream vacation?

My dream vacation......it would probably to visit Dublin. I live the nature, theaura and the ambiance of it and I am eagerly looking forward to it.

8 what's your favorite holiday and why?

New years- because you can leave behind all the unwanted moments and carry the ones you love to the next year and improve yourself to be a better human being.

9 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

I would choose to hang out with Emma Watson. She is very inspiring and supportsfeminism. She is also very genuine and straight forward. Sweet, kind and gentle. She has a way in dealing with haters too. And not to mention, she is British!

10 who is your favorite author?

Agatha Christie. I haven't read that many novels in my life. But i love her novels. Crime and thriller.

11 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

I'd tell all the people who are close to my heart and then go out for long trip to enjoy and celebrate the success.