interview #20 @purplejeans

1 What's one Wattpad goal?

One of my wattpad goals is to inspire at least one other young writer or someonewho is interested in exploring writing to write and publish a work. It can bevery vulnerable and scary to share your writing with such a huge platform, butit is also very rewarding!

2 what inspired you to write?

I have always loved writing, but up to this point I was always writing for myselfand never expected to share anything with anyone other than my family and closefriends. When my Grandma passed away last Spring, I remembered how much of agreat storyteller she was and so I was inspired to return to my wattpad accountand publish The House Guest on a whim. It has gotten way more support than Icould have ever anticipated and for that I am so grateful!

3 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

First, I would scream. Second, and assuming I had the money, I would fly my bestfriends and family over to NYC and we would explore the city together! We wouldhave sushi for lunch and then go to some museums.

4 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

Definitely Jane Austen. I know it's a very typical choice but it's true. I would ask herif she ever expected her works to get so much recognition and then I would askher who her inspiration for Mr. Darcy was.

5 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

Lately I haven't really been keeping up with celebrities so I had to think long and hard about this one. I would most likely choose Niall Horan because I had a crush on him for the longest time, and he was sort of a part of my childhood, in a very strange way. I would ask him for an autograph, I guess, because I would be pretty nervous.

6 what's one tip you'd give a newcomer?

Write whatever you feel inspired by. Try to reply to comments and be kind and open in the community even though it can be hard, and make sure that you aren't too hard on yourself. Don't get offended by criticism, rather, take it and learn from it. 

7 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

I like 'Miss You' by the Rolling Stones, but I also really like 'You Can't HurryLove' by the Supremes. I love the oldies.

8 how would you spend a rainy day?

Where I live, rainy days happen more often than sunny days, so I usually spend them trekking to and from school dressed in layers upon layers of sweaters and a massive jacket. When I'm not at school, I like to watch documentaries about things I'm interested in and write, and then I force myself up to walk my dog in the rain (but she's worth it!). 

9 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

My schedule is very random, I hate to say it, but I don't have a fixed schedule asmy main priority are school and getting my degree. When I do get the chance tosit down and write, I am researching and brainstorming ideas for new books,editing books, and working on whatever my current book is which at the momentis Our Way.

10 what's your dream vacation?

My dream vacation would be for me and some friends to go to the Southern region of France and visit Provence, Cannes, and Nice. I would also like to go to the mountainous regions and the small old villages, where I once heard that the most amazing cake resides. 

11 what's your favorite movie?

My favourite movies are also very varied as a result of my indecisiveness. WhenI'm in need of a good laugh, I go to 'Thirteen going on Thirty' with JenniferGarner (one of my favourite actresses and people) or Back to the Future (thefirst two). I also like the Planet of the Apes series.

request time!

I would recommend my book 'Daughters of the King,' a historical romance placed during the reign of King Louis XIV. As the story goes, a number of girls are selected to emigrate to New France and increase the population since at the time the number of women was very low. My book follows the journeys of two very inspiring and fictional characters named Celeste Dubois and Lorraine Leblanc, and an intense amount of research went into the novel! I hope you love it as much as I do! Another note is that it is recommended for all ages, because it is clean though deals with some violence and upsetting themes of racism and sexism, though I believe in honestly depicting events in the past to inform the future.

 My book follows the journeys of two very inspiring and fictional characters named Celeste Dubois and Lorraine Leblanc, and an intense amount of research went into the novel! I hope you love it as much as I do! Another note is that it is recommend...