Prologue

Prologue

In a white space, a man with black hair and peach eyes stared into space as he tried to think back to his blurred or more like nonexistent memories.

But, no matter how much he thinks about it, he does not remember a thing at all.

All that he could remember is his name, Shu Yin.

It had already been a few hundred of years since he arrived in that space. He had been walking for almost an eternity in that white space but no matter how long he walks, he does not seem to reach the end of the white space.

Sitting down, he rests his tired legs and tried to think again about his somewhat lost memories but still no matter how hard he thinks his brain could not remember anything.

[Host.]

A cute tiny voice called out to Shu Yin, he looks up and saw a purple ball of light hovering in mid-air.

The purple ball of light was like an ink in a white canvas, it brought color to the plain white space.

"Who are you?" Shu Yin asked curious as to who the purple ball of light is.

[Host, I am System and from today on you are going to be my Host.]

The purple ball of light brightened as it hovered happily in midair.

"System? You're a System?"

Shu Yin despite being an amnesiac seemed to have remembered something when he heard the word "System", it was just a faint memory in his brain but that word was deeply imprinted in his brain because he seemed to love to read world hopping books where Systems are shits!

[Oh. The host seemed to know what a System is. Then, I don't need to tell you what I am capable of. So, Host, are you ready to take my 'invisible' hand?]

Shu Yin stared for a second at the System before reaching out to the ball of light, he would not lose anything more if he gets a contract with the System.

Even if he had to sell his soul to the Devil, he will do it as long as he gets out of that place.

The purple ball of light shone brightly when Shu Yin's hand touched it.

[Contract complete!]

A seemingly robotic voice said a voice that belongs to his System but at the same time not.

After the contract was established between the two, the white space became a small room decorated with only a bed at the center and nothing more.

Stars could be seen in the night sky above, no it's not just above but everywhere, Shu Yin was in space and he could see the milky way from where he was because the wall of his room was made of glass.

[Yay! I finally had my contracted Host. Host, do not worry I will be very useful to you!] The System yelled happily as it hovered in front of Shu Yin.

"You better be." Shu Yin said with a straight face but a faint warmth could be seen in his eyes while watching the System. "So, what do I have to do? And what System are you?"

[Hoho! I am System Second Chance For Cannon Fodders! Like my name Host, I am a System that gave chances to those cannon fodder who died with regrets.]

[Host, the task is to help the cannon fodder complete their last wish and by doing so Host will earn points that Host could use to buy System products. By using System points, Host could buy anything and everything as long as Host has enough System points. The host can even buy a life as long as Host had enough points.]

"Buy a life?"

Shu Yin's eyes widen in surprise before they came back to normal and stared hard at the purple ball of light.

[Yes, Host. You can buy even a life and by buying your own life back you would be free from the System, System knows that Host wants to come back to life again even though Host is amnesiac and does not remember your past life.]

Shu Yin's brows furrowed together as the System casually talk about him wanting his life back and that he had amnesia.

"How did you know that I lost my memories?"

Shu Yin looks at the System warily.

[Host, does not need to worry. Loss of memories is only temporary, Host would be able to recover your memory in time since Host had already formed a contract with the System. Losing your memory was due to dying, a soul was cleansed of all of its memories when one is going through the cycle of reincarnation. Luckily, Host had wandered off and did not go into reincarnation or else System would have never signed a contract with Host!]

"So, as I thought, I'm really dead and this is all not a dream. How did I die?" Shu Yin looks at the System.

[System, can't say anything for now Host. It is all up to the Host to remember Host's own memories, System was told to not interfere. But all that aside Host, why don't we train now so System can already send you to your mission world!] The System said excitedly as it could no longer wait to get rid of Shu Yin as a hologram appeared in front of him.

[Now Host, please choose a skill that you want to have!]

[FREE SKILLS FOR THE HOST:
1. Cooking
2. Acting
3. Singing
4. Dancing
5. The Four Arts
6. Art of Seduction
.
.
.
10. Martial Arts]

"I'll take cooking." Shu Yin said after a second of being in deep thought.

[Cooking it is then!]

A surge of information flooded Shu Yin's mind as the System installed all the cooking techniques in the whole universe inside his mind, it hurt a little but it was only an itch.

[Next is a gift pack for Host, a beginner gift! Are you going to open it now Host?]

"Open it."

[Ting!]

[Host received Mask of Deception x1, Recovery Pill x3, Beauty enhancement x2.]

Holding the mask in his hand, he looks at it curiously before putting it on his face.

The thin sheet of mask merges with his face like it was never there.

A man as cold as ice could be seen standing in front of the System after the mask merge with his face.

[H-Host, you look really scary!] The System said stiffly as he unconsciously hovered away from its Host.

Before putting on the mask, his Host was cold but still look humane but when his Host put the mask on, its Host became even colder than the Antarctic and look inhumane.

"XiaoXiao, send me now."

Shu Yin look at his System amused but because of the mask, his face remained cold.

[Y-Yes, Host!]

The System gulped hard.

[Wait, but I'm not Xiao Xiao!] The System stated but seeing its Host cold face the System swallowed its complaints and just accepted the fact that its new name is "XiaoXiao" and officially started the countdown.

[Sending Host in 3, 2, 1.]

When the number reach 1 everything went black, Shu Yin was finally on to his first adventure.