Ohne Titel Teil43

At dinner Alvaro was again a little pale and hadn't much appetite, but he tried not to let it show.

He took another pill after dinner and they wanted to watch a movie. Alvaro took Mia in his arms and almost fell asleep at the beginning of the film. Mia tried to move as little as possible so she wouldn't wake him up.

When the film was over, she carefully woke him up. "Hey come, let's go to bed," she said softly to him

Alvaro opened his eyes. " Yes OK." He closed his eyes again.

Mia took hold of his forehead, "He's quite warm again, although he took a pill earlier."

"We'll put him to bed and then let him sleep. I think that's for the best," Zoe said and Juanma nodded.

They woke Alvaro again and Mia went with him to her room. When he was a little more awake, he went to the bathroom again and then went to bed with Mia. "How are you feeling" she asked. "I'm just tired. But with you in my arms I just feel much better."

Mia stroked his cheek. "Let's sleep then," she said softly. She had the impression that he was not quite lying down and then fell asleep.

She stayed there for a while, but because she was too awake and didn't want to wake him, she got up again. She met Ramiro in the kitchen, who apparently couldn't rest either.

"Hey darling, what are you doing here, you were already in bed" "yes I know, I'm too awake and I don't want to wake Alvaro."

Ramiro nodded. "Let him sleep." he said. "I remember he had something like this when he was a little boy. It was intense, with a fever and cough. About a week, then it was over. Mercedes was beside herself with worry, we went to the doctor twice. But except a little for the fever didn't get  something. He then recovered. "

"Thanks dad. I don't know him sick."

"He almost never is," said Ramiro. " Just like you." He laughed. "It's nice that you are all here and I'm looking forward to our sailing trip"

"Yes. I am a little worried that Lupe is going with us. She had a bit of stress with Juanma. Well and Zoe and her .."

"I know, but I hope that the outing together will maybe help to get along better with each other." When Mia said nothing, he said: "Mia Lupe is spoiled. That was my fault. Also something that Mercedes did. She's used to the fact that we help to  get rid of all things which disturb her, but she's not a bad person.Unfortunately, she doesn't show it and I also understand that you see her  very different from me. But she needs a lot of support now that Mercedes breaks away like that. Maybe I shouldn't talk to you about it, but I've really thought about  to say  in front of her that she should be  seeing a psychologist. "He took a deep breath.

"Alvaro also suffers a lot from the fact that she is like this. There are always problems between Lupe and Alvaro. He is always in between."

"We'll work it out," said Ramiro.

"I don't know how she reacts to Isabel either," Mia said.

"But it's time she got used to it. Isabel is with me now."

"I'm also very happy for you guys. I'm happy that you are with her." Mia said. "She told me that you got along well before."

"Yes, that's right. She and your mother." Ramiro said nothing for a moment and his gaze wandered into the distance. "They were incredibly good friends. They were happy, laughed a lot and together with a few others we spent many great hours ... I miss Mariana. I often wondered what would have happened if we hadn't separated . ... "

Mia took him in her arms. "You can't change the past." she said.

Ramiro returned the hug. "But I'm glad you stepped into my life. I love you so much Mia. I felt a direct connection between us and that wasn't because I knew Isabel."

"I love you too dad and I'm glad I found you," Mia said.

They heard Mia's door and Alvaro came out. "Hey what are you doing here in the middle of the night?" He asked. Mia took his hand. "I didn't want to wake you up and when I wanted to sit here for a moment, I met Ramiro. We talked a bit." she said and pulled Alvaro onto the couch.

"Are you doing better, my son" asked Ramiro.

"I think so," he said. "I'm just still very tired."

"For my part, I'm going to sleep again. Maybe you should do that too," Ramiro said. He looked at them for a moment. "You two are a great couple," he said quietly.

Alvaro had his head on Mia's shoulder and was holding her hand. "Good night," said Ramiro.