Ohne Titel Teil196

The next day, after breakfast, Alvaro wanted to see Ramiro. He asked Mia if she wanted to go with him. "I think he won't mind if you are there," he added.

Mia nodded and they set off. Ramiro was happy to see them both.

"Can I do something for you?" he asked with a friendly smile.

"Yes, I wanted to discuss something with you," said Alvaro and looked briefly at Mia.

"I talked to the doctor where I did the internship and I had been thinking  for a long time about enrolling for a medical degree."

Ramiro grinned meaningfully and said "And you've made up your mind."

Alvaro nodded and said "I would like to do that"

"I think that's a good idea," said Ramiro. "If you are aware that it is your wish, that is very good."

Alvaro smiled at him. "I just have to teach Javier and Mama that," he said.

"What do you have to teach me," came the voice of Mercedes at the door.

Alvaro looked from Ramiro to Mia, then to Mercedes.

"Good morning mom," he said. He hesitated a moment. after an encouraging look from Ramiro he said "I have decided to study."

Mercedes raised her eyebrows waiting and took off her glasses. "Then let's see if we had the same thought." she said

Now Alvaro was amazed and looked at her "What do you mean?"

"First tell me what you've been thinking about," she said in a slightly amysed voice.

Ramiro had gotten up and was listening attentively to the conversation.

"I decided to study medicine and I got two addresses from Penny to apply and she emailed me her application forms," ​​said Alvaro, trying to appear self-confident.

"Ok" said Marcedes, looked past him for a moment and then nodded. "You won't need any of that. With the help of Javoer, I got you an interview at a university for business administration. After that didn't really work last time."

"I couldn't help it that they didn't take me. And I don't want to study that either. Why do you always have to decide over my head."

"Because you seem to have more important things to do than worry about your future" she looked Mia up and down "and because Mia must have put this idea in your head"

Mia looked at her and wanted to say something, but Alvaro and Ramiro got ahead of her.

"Come in first and close the door, please," said Ramiro, while Alvaro said in time, "That's not true, Mom:"

Mercedes reluctantly took a step closer and closed the door behind her. "You will go to the appointment. Your father " she looked at Ramiro "and me decided so"

"But you don't have to decide about my future. I'll call Javier now" Alvaro took his cell phone and stormed out of the office, the door slamming loudly behind him

Mia looked from Mercedes to Ramiro and Ramiro said "if you want, go with him". Mia nodded, then she said, "I would like to say one more thing. Alvaro has dealt a lot with his studies, he also found out a lot about studying medicine and this idea came entirely through the internship he was doing. In addition, he is always the one who stays calm when something happens and knows a lot about health and about helping people "she turned around and also left the office, although she closed the door quietly behind her.

Mercedes looked at Ramiro. "Why has he changed so much" she asked.

"He has only changed to the point that he is growing up. Personally, I think the idea is very good, he really looked at it and he seems to like it. My suggestion would be to let him try it. In an emergency, he can always still change decisions if he notices at the beginning that this is not the right thing to do. "

"He doesn't know what he's doing. He's only doing what Mia says," said Mercedes.

"You know that is not true. You do not notice how grown up our son has become. Yes, and I consciously say our son, because he also sees me as his father. You noticed how mature and grown up everyone has become? Juanma, for example. Roberto? Mercedes, Alvaro knows very well what he's doing and what he wants.

"but javier wants to .."

"I'm sure that Javier will listen to  Alvaro. Because he has also learned something. We weren't always of one opinion, but he has learned that it is important to listen to the kids from time to time. At a certain point we can only accompany them . You won't get anything, Mercedes, with force. "

"But is he aware that he has to work through it for days if he is a doctor? Night and Day ? 24 hours and more."

"I think he is ware that there will be hard times. But I think Alvaro is the type to be a good doctor too."

"I'll have to discuss this with his father," said Mercedes.

"Do that" said Ramiro and almost had to grin. He knew she wanted to hurt him with the words because she was jealous of the relationship between Alvaro and him. But because the relationship was like that, he also knew that he couldn't have done everything wrong.