Ohne Titel Teil193

The students decided to stay with Ramiro that night and not return to school until the next day.

There Lupe and Alvaro were called to Mercedes. They looked at each other a bit astonished and Ramiro, who was still standing with the students, said "Gloria, do you know what Mercedes wants from the two of them?"

Gloria shook her head. Ramiro nodded to the children and they went to Mercedes' office together.

"Good morning," Ramiro said to Mercedes almost at the same time as the students.

"Good morning" she greeted back. "It's good that you're all here together," she said, looking over the edge of her glasses.

"Laura will take part in the class again from today. And you both" she looked at Alvaro and Lupe "will take care of her."

"But mom .." started Lupe and Mercedes got up from her desk chair. "I gave Ilaria my word that we help her to could get used to it."

"Mercedes, Laura is looking for much more contact with Juanma. Whether I approve of it or not, but now to put Lupe by her side where arguments and problems are foreseeable, I don't think it's a good idea."

"I'm not doing that either," Lupe said defiantly.

"But we have to see that ..."

Ramiro had meanwhile gone to Mercedes and put his hand on her shoulder "Where is Laura now"

Mercedes looked at the clock. "She should arrive at Gloria now." Ramiro looked at Alvaro who left the room and went to Gloria. After a moment he came back with Laura.

"Have a seat," Ramiro said, pointing to a seat next to Lupe on the sofa in Mercedes' office. Laura stopped. "I#m good here , thanks," she said.

Ramiro looked at Mercedes and raised an eyebrow. "Laura please sit next to Lupe" Mercedes said in a certain tone and Ramiro looked at her again.

He and Alvaro also sat down.

"We want to talk about something. Laura, you will surely agree with us when we say that you have some problems getting used to the school here . And we were wondering how we can help you with that."

"Nobody can help me with that. I just want to be left alone. Why nobody understands that."

"Oh and why do you always run after Juanma," said Lupe

"What do you have to do with Juanma" countered Laura.

Ramiro's and Mercedes glances met and Mercedes sighed. "Ok, I admit the idea wasn't the best."

"Alvaro and Lupe, you can go to your class. Laura, please come with me. Go ahead, please" He looked at Mercedes and when Laura had left the office, he said softly.

"I try to take care of her, I think it is more difficult for you because you are friends with Ilaria." Mercedes nodded slightly.

When Ramiro came into his office, Laura was standing at the window.

"Please sit down," said Ramiro.

Laura sat down and looked at him.

"Laura, I really need your help. It is very important to me that the students feel comfortable here and integrate. Of course there are always loners, like Silvia, for example. But she adapts well and gets along with the others also  of course, only that she likes it more to be alone. With you it looks to me that you actually want friendships, but before that can happen, you push everyone away "

"don't you have enough children to look after"

Ramiro decided to ignore the objection and said "Please tell me a little bit about yourself."

"There is nothing there. Growing up in France came here and that's the end of the story"

"Ok. What can I do to make it easier for you here. Because I think we have agreed that you do not want to go to a state school. We should therefore try to ensure that you can spend your time here well. "

Laura looked at the floor. "I don't want to be here. I want to be with my friends and my boyfriend. I want to have my life again."

Ramiro leaned back in his chair. "What kind of interests do you have. Outside of dancing and singing."

"I like animals. And languages. But what does that have to do with the school."

"I'm trying to get to know you a little. Do you like anything else?"

"I like to go swimming. We had the beach right outside the door in France."

"Do you have any pictures? From your time in France?"

Laura paused for a moment, but then pulled out her cell phone. Ramiro got up to join Laura. She showed him a few pictures of the house, which was admittedly a dream home. When she came to the pictures of the area, Ramiro said "It reminds me of Mexico, there  the beach picture" he pointed to the cell phone.

"You've been to Mexico before? I was there once with my grandfather."

"Me and my family. My son and I went diving and there was a piece of the beach that your picture spontaneously reminded me of."

"I've been diving before, too," said Laura.

She and Ramiro talked for a while about the pictures and the sea and the more they talked, the more relaxed Laura became with the more enthusiasm she spoke. The first lesson,  the GO workshop,  was long over.

Ramiro checked his watch and suppressed a grin.

"What are your hobbies here?" He then asked.

"I haven't found anything so far. My parents don't have much time because of the situation."

"Then we should think of something you enjoy," said Ramiro.

Laura smiled at him, but her eyes also looked a bit surprised.

"I have to go to English now," she said softly. Ramiro nodded. "Laura?" he said when Laura was almost at the door.

She turned around, "Your classmates would definitely like to know more about your life too. I don't want to break this off just like that. Come back in later, I'm sure you still have some photos to show me."

Laura smiled and nodded. Then she left the room

Ramiro considered the conversation. He had wanted to build Laura's trust with the photos and all the stories. He seemed to have succeeded. And he understood how big the change had been for her.