Ohne Titel Teil168

When Alvaro was in the car with Juanma, he asked "Do you want to go to the others or do you need a moment?"

"No, it's okay. Let's go to school."

Alvaro gave Juanma another uncertain look and started the car.

It had stopped raining for a moment when they got to the school. Mia and Zoe were outside taking a break.

They greeted the boys and Zoe took Juanma in her arms. " How is your grandmother?" she asked.

"She is stable at the moment. I hope it stays that way"

"Definitely," said Zoe. Mia looked at Juanma for a moment. Their eyes met and Juanma looked down.

"Let's go upstairs," said Alvaro and opened the door.

"Some of the desks are completely scratched and there was water on them and they are softened. Roberto and I first put them in a corner. Mia and Clara cleaned the others and we cleared the space at the window." said Zoe as they went up.

Alvaro and Juanma immediately helped Roberto, who just wanted to fix the tarpaulin better. It had started raining again and it was getting windy. Juanma climbed onto the windowsill. "Be careful," said Alvaro, holding out his hand. "Not that you slip."

Juanma attached the tarpaulin to the window frame, then jumped back down from the window sill.

"It seems to be holding up," he said and smiled.

"Have you already checked if anything else has happened."?

"No, we wanted to have everything ready here first." said Clara.

They walked out of the room together "I'm going through the girls' wing" Mia said. Zoe was about to say "I'll come with you" but Alvaro put his hand on her shoulder. JUanma went to Mia and said "Let's do this together."

Zoe looked at Alvaro and nodded. She understood. "Then we both go through the boys' wing and you" she looked at Roberto and Clara "goes downstairs through the classrooms."

Roberto nodded and they set off.

"Sorry, I had the feeling that Juanma would like to talk to Mia" Alvaro said to Zoe and Zoe nodded. "I am sure you are right." She hooked up with him and said "Then you will have to talk to me for better or for worse," she said with a grin. "No seriously, what was in the hospital"

Alvaro told Zoe what the doctor had said.

Mia examined Juanma as they moved away from the others. "what about your grandma?" she asked.

Juanma stopped and took a deep breath. "She's really stable, but the doctor said that could change anytime. And they want signatures so they know what to do when she dies."

"Because of the life support measures," Mia asked.

Juanma nodded. "It hadn't occurred to me now"

"Do you know Isabel has a living will too?"

" How do you mean?"

"Isabel has determined what she would like in case she's no longer able to say what she wants. I'm telling you that it doesn't have to mean anything in the near future. It's just to be safe." Juanma looked at her. She noticed that his eyes were moist and put her arms around him. "I know that you are infinitely afraid. Of losing someone you love. And you know how well I can understand that. And even if I hope and believe that your grandma will live a long time, it is better. Making it confortable for her  before their suffering becomes infinite. And that's exactly what these signatures are for. Maybe they won't be needed for 5 years or so. "

Juanma nodded, "She was so fit today. She was so happy about us and listened carefully when we talked about the vacation."

"And that's exactly what you have to hold onto. You always have to remember that."

She noticed that Juanma was swallowing, hugged him briefly and then pulled away from him.

"We visit her more often now. It will do her good if she is happy more often. It is important for the body that the soul is well."

Juanma nodded. He took Mia by the hand and walked with her towards the room. They went through room by room, but everything seemed fine.

They went up one floor and everything was ok there too. Juanma slowly relaxes again.

Before they went to the others, Mia took him by the hand again. " Are you OK?" she asked. "Yes, it's ok. Thanks."

Mia took Juanma in her arms. He gave her a quick squeeze and then looked at her. "Thank you for always being there. It was also nice that Alvaro was there today."

"You mean a lot to him now - he would never let you down."

"Neither do I. I love him like a brother."

Mia nodded. "I know. You can tell. It's madness how this bitter hostility has turned into such a great friendship."