Ohne Titel Teil151

Mia went back to Alvaro and Juanma to Zoe and they went outside again. They could hear the sea rushing in the dark and sat down by a gas stove.

Dani came to them with drinks. "Now we're going to toast again. Sorry that I have so little time today"

"Oh, that's normal. It's great that so many people are there."

Dani grinned. "Yes, the old team, sometimes I miss it a bit. But we all still have good contact."

"Antonio and Diego were just singing praises of you," Mia said. Dani winked at her. "I trained Diego. He previously worked as a paramedic."

"Doesn't it pull you back sometimes?"

"It's better to work without rules, right Dani," said suddenly a sharp voice that made the youngsters flinch.

Dani looked up to see his former squad. They both grinned at each other and Dani got up and took him in his arms. "I didn't expect you," he said cheerfully.

"You know I can't miss that." Dani had noticed that the students looked from one to the other. "This is Mario. He used to be my head of operations"

"Only on paper, he never took orders," laughed Mario.

"We never were the same opinion," said Dani.

"Yes we were , just not  for the reports"

Alvaro and the others laughed.

"Who or what decides whether you will be called in to an emergency." Juanma asked Dani.

"I" said Mario and looked at Dani. "He is called whenever possible. Because he dives privately. He doesn't need to comply with any regulations or pay attention to much. He can focus his attention on the most important thing. The victim. We others have to ask ten times whether we can go down again."

"And if something happens to him," asked Zoe.

Mario looked at Dani. "Nothing happens to me" said Dani and laughed. "Joking aside. I dive at my own risk. If I'm unlucky, the boys aren't even allowed to help me."

"You are not serious," said Juanma, while Mario said, "A rule that none of us would certainly observe."

Alvaro looked at Dani. Slowly he could understand why Dani had turned against the rescue team. He thought about the fact that there would certainly be such things in the hospital when he would work as a doctor and  that he might one day find it difficult to follow the rules but against his feelings.

Mario asked "Are you our offspring?" and with it ripped Alvaro out of his thoughts. Dani told how he knew the four.

"Do you Already have plans for after school?" asked Mario

"Juanma, Zoe and I still have a full year of school, only Alvaro will finish this year."

Mario looked at Alvaro. "I thought about studying medicine."

"Good plan," said Mario.

A couple of Dani's friends came out, "This is where you are hiding as," said one who was already looking a bit drunk.

"Dario, you are hopefully off duty tomorrow" laughed Mario.

Dario put the edge of his hand on his temple, stood up straight and said "Captain, no sir, I have given me permission to take tomorrow off"

Everyone laughed. "Come in with me," Dani said to the students.

They enjoyed the evening very much and none of the four had the feeling of being a stranger after a while. All in all, it was a beautiful evening that lasted until the early hours of the morning.

When there were only a handful of Dani and Toni's friends left, Mia began collecting empty bottles and throwing cups that were no longer needed in a garbage bag. Zoe put perishable remains of the food in the refrigerator.

Then they sat down with the others again. All those still present freinds had practically not drunk any alcohol. Juanma took Zoe by the hand and wanted to go down to the sea again. Dani grinned and said "Remember, sharks are particularly active at night"

Zoe stuck out her tongue and said "Don't be so cheeky, your birthday is over. We don't want to go swimming"

Dani laughed. "The next time you're there, we'll do a night dive"

"Without me," said Zoe. Mario and the others laughed.

Juanma put her arm around her. "If you are too cold, we'll go back," he said.

"No, everything is ok, I have the jacket with me," said Zoe with a smile.

She spread her jacket on the beach and sat on it with Juanma. "You can warm me," she whispered.

Juanma pulled her close. "I just needed a little time alone with you"

"It was a nice party," said Zoe.

"Very nice, they are all really nice. I don't have the feeling that they don't know us" grinned Juanma.

The moonlight was reflected on the sea. "I wish we could sit here forever and just look at the light waves and watch the stars," Juanma said softly.

Zoe took his hand. "I love you," she said, "and when you're with me. I always feel like I'm here among the stars."

Juanma carefully turned Zoe's head and kissed her. "I love you too," he said softly.