I'm So Sorry

I never thought I would have to do this but this just started spiraling out of control. I wing everything I do and some people know this already. But this needs a trigger warning. I'm sorry.

Lachlan's POV

I didn't want to leave.But I wanted to go home. I didn't feel right in my heart. In my stomach. Something seemed off. Preston and Landon were happy but it was like something was different about them. Like they knew something that had happened. And neither of them will talk to me about it. I felt excluded. As if they didn't trust me. I mean yeah I understand I'm not in the family. But at the same time. I like to think they could trust me. What's so big that they would hide it from me?

Lachlan: "Hey guys. You know how I'm leaving in a couple of days?"

They completely ignored me. Preston was on his computer while Landon was engrossed in his phone.

Lachlan: "Never mind.I'm going to go find a earlier flight."

Landon looked up at the very least before going back to his phone. Preston didn't even flinch. Fuck this I'm done with this. I left the room furious. It's like they didn't care anymore. Which hurt. Preston is my best friend.I would do anything for him. He says jump I wouldn't even react I'd just pull him into me and protect him. Landon is different. I uh. I just want to hold him. He seemed so upset lately and I couldn't do anything to help him. Preston was always with him and it hurt me so much. I just wanted to help in some way. Everyone can see it. But I can't. Preston knows I like him. So much. I would do anything to hold him and keep him safe. I walked into my room and just sat at my computer. Searching up flights to go back home. The closest flight wasn't for two days. I was leaving in three. I might as well just stay here. I didn't want to go and leave Landon here but he has his girlfriend. Maybe that's why I'm so angry. Maybe I was just jealous.But if I was just jealous I wouldn't be like this. I wouldn't bethinking about how much I could help him if It was just jealousy right? I would be thinking about all sorts of other things. But my mind keeps drawing a blank. It didn't make sense to me. Why am I so fucking infatuated with him. Why is it me. That has to be the one to like the one guy I'm not allowed to. It isn't even the age difference. It's only 3 years but still. It was legal so that's all that mattered.

Landon: "Lachlan?"

Lachlan: "The next plane isn't for two days. I leave in three so I might as well just stay here."

Landon: "Ok. Thank god."

Lachlan: "You can go now Landon."

Landon: "I don't want to."

Lachlan: "I do. You guys obviously don't care. So just go back to Preston. I'll just keep myself in here so I'm not a bother."

I could almost see sadness in his eyes. But it doesn't matter. I didn't matter.

Landon: "Lachlan please."

Preston: "He doesn't care Landon just walk away."

Lachlan: "Fuck you cunt."

Preston: "Don't fucking talk to me like that Lachlan. You obviously don't care about him so why don't you just get the fuck out."

I don't care about him. I've done nothing but care for him. I've done nothing but help him.

Lachlan: "There isn't a thing on this planet I wouldn't do for him."

I felt the tears stinging the edge of my eyes. I could feel my mind breaking. It made me feel like shit that everything I have done so far for Landon. Has amounted to nothing. It killed me inside and I felt my heart shatter. Not just in two. This thing exploded. Shards and pieces flying everywhere.With no hope to ever build it again.