Darkness

Josh's POV

I slammed the door to my bedroom shut and made sure to lock the windows. I drew the curtains over and moved my bed side table across my door, before walking into and locking my ensuite door, even though there were no windows in here, I still made sure to try and put something in front of the door to keep them out. They had been relentless, racking me down for weeks before they finally found my location. And then made worse further again by following me. I was on edge every single day, it slowly started playing on my mind but they just got closer and closer, and I wanted nothing to do with them. These voices in my head telling me to wake up, this isn't a dream, this was reality. But the voices were constant, a stream of cries and begs to open my eyes.

Josh: "What's going on."

I looked around me to hear the voices getting louder, I was so scared. The bath room, normally a beautiful and pristine natural white, had started to decay rapidly. I watched as brown lines started to snake around the tiles, with a green moss starting to grow through, I walked over to one and put my hand out to touch it, causing it to shatter at my touch, glass flying everywhere and digging into my arm. I screamed out in pain as it dug further into me with no sign of stopping, it was like the glass had a mind of it's own. I threw myself back against the wall as I stood there panting, trying to compose my thoughts before the creatures in the dark started to come for me. The heat was starting to get unbearable as I felt my shirt rip off on its own. Standing in the bathroom, shirtless and in pain, I could see marks starting to appear on my chest, small little cuts appeared and flared in pain as the glass kept up it's pace. It was horrible and I would never wish this pain on anyone.

????: "STAY AWAY FROM HIM!"

Who the hell was that? Was someone here? Was someone around me?

Josh: "HELLO!"

????: "SIMON WHAT'S GOING ON!"

LACHLAN! Oh my sweet baby Lachlan, I wish you were here to hold me, I wish I had told you how I felt, I just, wish I could be there for you. Instead of living in this eternal hell. I felt myself starting to get pushed around, my body falling to the side as if I was king hit from the back. As I fell to the ground, I felt a sharp pain enter my chest, over the top of the already small cuts, I noticed one large and long line appear on my chest, I rolled over onto my back before feeling the most intense pain I have ever been faced with, yet it wasn't knocking me out. I could only scream as I saw darkness starting to come from under the door leading to my room. As if a cloud of smoke was coming under, it scared me as I watched it move. Slowly creeping through along floor towards me, I looked up to notice the walls, while still decaying, started to emit a dark look about it, as if it too was allowing the darkness to creep in. I watched in agony as the skin on my chest was ripped off of me cleanly. As if someone just used tweezers to pull my skin back, showing my Ribs, my bones, my stomach and my heart. I could see it beating, and it was beating really quickly. At an almost deafening level, the beats started to shift my body, my bones starting to be pushed in and out of place before little cracks started to appear along them, I watched as one of the ribs over my heart shattered and broke. Being yanked out of my body and thrown across the floor before the darkness swallowed it. As I watched in horror, my mind tying to make sense of what happened. I noticed the floor starting to dip, little holes started to appear, the cracks on the walls and my Ribs, now starting to appear along the roof and the floor.

Lachlan: "JOSH STAY PLEASE!"

Lachlan My love, I could never leave you, but I'm so scared, I wish you were here to hold me, to tell me I was all better, and to tell me that I was going. To be ok. To even sow me back up. I just need you here so badly, Pease don't leave me?

????: "Leave Now Mr Power!"

Lachlan: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO..!"

At that moment, everything went silent. A perfect, resonating white noise rattling the room. My body had been put back together, the glass in my arm and body removed, nothing hurt, I was in no pain. It was like I had just woken up from a nap and it was still dark outside. This dark room, my body being the only object illuminated. I looked down at my body and leg noticing no evidence of there ever being a tear or a cut. I sat up at looked around me to be encountered by nothing but darkness. I tried to stand before I heard something crack, I pulled myself to a standing position before feeling my body fall. The sound of cracking evident through the room but my body was weightless. I fell so far, for so long before hitting something solid. It threw my head back as I hit something solid ad yet I felt nothing. There was no sound, the cracking had stopped. I was scared to move, scared to look around, I was so alone. I was all by myself, and I had never felt so lonely in my life. I wished that Lachlan was here, the beautiful. Incredible blonde haired young man that had only three years ago begged me to go out with him, that three months later asked me to be his boyfriend. After two years, only 8. Moths ago, he asked me o marry him, and a month ago I said I do. I said those two words to seal the marriage, I decided I was no longer Mr Bradley, and that I wanted to be Mr Power. And now, I don't even know where I am, or what was going on. After a few moments the cracking sound started to come through again. Louder this time, as if a large piece of glass was being out under pressure right next to my ear. I turned my head to see Lachlan sitting in a chair beside me, crying, is hands covering his face, his Hair flopped down in front of him, his Ragged and torn shirt with a bandage around his abdomen and his arm, he was so beautiful. Even when he looked so banged up.

Lachlan: "I'm so sorry, I love you so much, I always will."

Josh: "I love you too Baby, more than anything."

In an instant after I finished I heard the sound of Glass breaking, before a shock went through my body, I could feel the electricity running through me before I was shocked again, in the middle of nothingness for the next five minutes, the only constant was the jolts of electricity sent through me. The sound of glass continuing to break as it got closer to me.

Josh: "Help me."

An experience I never thought possible. A radiant white light appeared above me, shining in beauty and clarity, blasting through the room and illuminating the world around me, I could see Lachlan better, I noticed Vik ahead of me, with Simon next to him. Lachlan continued to cry, listening to him sob, I wish I could reach out and hold his hand but I couldn't move. The room started to brighten further, showing more white walls, a cleaner floor and cleaner roof. It was beautiful compared to the darkness I had slowly felt my body starting to become accustomed to.

Lachlan: "I miss you, I love you."

Josh: "Soon, I'll be there soon..."

I love you.

Lachlan: "JOSH!"

(let's have some fun, so this story I just finished has a lot of hidden meaning but I based this off of something that can happen. If you can guess or get close to what you think is happening, then the first person to get it will get to choose a one shot they want written. I think it could be fun but what do you think is going on here?)