I can't, I'm sorry

Harry's POV

I really like him, Not just like him like him, he is always on my mind, and he's straight. He's my best friend, the only person that makes me want to go anywhere or be anywhere. He makes me so happy and he honestly doesn't know it.

Josh: "You alright mate?"

Harry: "Hey sorry, I didn't know you came in. Is everyone else with you?"

Josh: "Yeah they all arrived today so we are all going to go out for dinner. You easy?"

Harry: "Not yet hang on."

I walked over to my drawers and pulled out a nice shirt and pants combo. It wasn't me overdressing seeing as it was comfy to wear.

Josh: "Are you sure?"

Harry: "What do you mean am I sure?"

He walked in and looked me over before shaking his head, reaching into my drawers and pulling out a simple pair of grey tracksuit pants. Handing them too me.

Josh: "I know what you're like Harry. You know."

Harry: "I know alright, just let me be his friend."

Josh: "We aren't against that, but you know what he is like."

Harry: "Fuck off Josh, I just want to be happy and you guys seem to be trying to stop that."

Josh: "I'm not stopped you from being happy. I'm just trying to stop you making a mistake. Preston has a girlfriend Harry."

Harry: "I know alright, Josh can you please get out. I'll get changed."

As Josh left the room I felt like shit. I know he's straight, I know he has a girlfriend but at the end of the day. He's my best friend and I love the guy to death. I'd do anything for him and I know he is taken, I know I can't have him. But a boy can dream right? At least I'm happy in my head. I heard my phone buzz on my desk.

Preston: "Fuck I've missed you Bog. Are you coming tonight?"

Harry: "I miss you guys as well. Yeah of course I will be there. I wouldn't miss it."

Preston: "Gay haha, alright I will see you soon then."

Harry: "Yeah, see you then."

I got changed into my grey pants before throwing on a black shirt with my blue W2S jumper. I really liked this jacket. It made me feel so comfortable. I looked at myself in the mirror in my bathroom and I always thought that what if he was gay? What if he did swing my way so to speak. I know I could be the best guy in the world for him. Treat him with nothing but love and kindness but at the end of the day I was stuck liking guys. I looked down at the basin and pulled open the drawer, noticing the flash of steel reflecting the light. They wouldn't know would they?

Time Skip

????'s POV

I'm here, I'm finally here and I'm so happy. It's going to be great seeing the guys again, it's been a while since I flew here. Or at least to see Vik and the boys.

Preston: "Ready?"

????: "Sort of."

Harry was here. He is so beautiful and fun and care free. He was like the breath of fresh air that we all needed. That energetic spur of the moment guy that we all loved. Preston knew about my crush on him. And we all knew about his crush on Preston. It makes me feel like shit to be honest, all I want is to make him happy and smile. Hold him tight in my arms and call him mine. Show him happiness and I'm stuck watching the guy I've fallen for destroy himself by falling for a straight guy.