He Hates Me

Vik's POV

I never really thought of Christmas as a big thing, yeah it was a fun time of year. It was like the world stopped all of the hatred and everyone had some time to be kind to one another, it was honestly quite beautiful to watch. But this year had been a little bit more hectic than the last.

Josh: "What do you mean Vik? We have always spent Christmas together, since we started living together and formed the SideMen."

Simon: "Look Vik I know you might not want to spend Christmas with us but at least stay for a little bit? We bought you some presents and it would be nice to at least spend the morning with you. As a group, Ethan, Tobi and Harry will be here soon and we can all spend the day together."

Vik: "Guys please understand that I can't stay this year. Just, trust me on this."

JJ: "Vik can you please stay for breakfast at least?"

Vik: "Guys I can't..."

Josh: "For fuck sake Vik, you can't just change the traditions we have created. We are a family now, we can't have you be missing."

Vik: "I don't fucking care Josh."

Josh: "Well I do, we spend all year together I understand that but we need to be together at a time like this where your supposed to spend it together, because we are a family now."

Vik: "Josh, you need to understand that yes I love you guys, and I respect you all infinitely, but right now. I can't be here, it's not something you guys have done. I just."

I checked the time and noticed it was 10 Am. I had packed a bag the day before of some light clothing as I intended to stay the night, they didn't need to know. They haven't known for three years. The fucking years and I don't know how I've kept the secret.

JJ: "Vik?"

Vik: "JJ, I am begging you to just let me go today. And I'll come back later."

Josh: "That's not good enough."

Vik: "WHEN YOUR BY YOURSELF ON CHRISTMAS SOMETIMES YOU DON'T GET A CHOICE BRADLEY!"

I felt my face drop as I realized I had just screamed at my best friend, I had lived with him for years, our friends have been with us for even longer. And now I just yelled at him. I watched him take a step back and look at me shocked, a little bit of disappointment on his face. I let my face hit the floor as the tears started to appear. I knew I wouldn't be able to stop them so I picked up my bag.

Vik: "I promise... I'll be back in time for dinner ok?"

I walked out the door with my bag now secured on my back. I walked over to my car and threw my shit in, frustrated and angry with myself for what I just did, at the end of the day. It wouldn't surprise me if I came back and my shit was on the front lawn. But for him... it was worth it. I turned it on and was on my way, driving as quickly as I could without breaking the law in order to get to him, the half an hour drive to his house. The entire time I couldn't stop thinking about him being by himself this year. It sucked that he had to come over here to study, but it was hard that he couldn't go back home for the holidays. He told me he needed to study but I thought that was a lie, no one should be alone on Christmas. As I pulled up and parked, I lugged my bag onto my shoulder and followed the memorized route to his dorm room, as I stood out front. I wondered about whether or not I should still enter. Yeah I told him I would be here before lunch but still, I could smell something incredible cooking. I guess when you have been dating a chef for three years, you could get use to it but not me, every single time I come over I swear he is cooking something different. I decided to just say fuck it, knocking on the door.