Now Is Later Right?

Zoey's POV

It's just a crush. A stupid. School girl crush on that one guy. Why did he have to transfer here. And why was he so instantly popular. Within a day of him attending school everyone wanted to be his friend. He had his group of friends already. I guess I should just try and give up on that now.

Ashleigh: "Zoey are you paying attention?"

Zoey: "No sorry what's going on."

Ashleigh: "At least your honest. We have to find the common chemical that appears in all of these but I'm drawing a blank."

Zoey: "Alright well it'snot that hard. Just look at the chart here of how the chemicals are made up. Find what is the most common element shown and then see if you can match it along with other ones. For example in these three here the common element. Not chemical. Is Sulphur. But in these three here it's Fluoride. The only elemental compound you can create from those two together is Sulphur-Hexafluoride. See how there are 6 parts Fluoride to the one Sulphur?"

Ashleigh: "How the fuck do you know that?"

Zoey: "Basic chemistry. It's easy once you get the hang of it."

I stopped paying attention to Ashleigh. She was a smart girl and I'm sure she could have eventually figured it out on her own. She knew about my little crush on the new kid. I turned around to see him staring at me. The whole class was. I could feel myself starting to panic. Was I asked a question? Did someone hear me talk? Was I about to get told off for something? I wasn't on my phone was I? All these thoughts racing through my head of different things that could have happened.

Landon: "Hey Zoey are you ok?"

I looked over at him and didn't realise my breathing had been getting quicker.

Ashleigh: "Sir"

Mr Latsky: "Yeah Ash take her outside. I'm sure you can get your work done when you get back."

I felt Ashleigh put her hand on my shoulder and lift me up. All of the teachers knew about my anxiety just in case I had an episode like this. But as far as I knew. Students didn't know. I made sure no one else ever knew. If they did I would get eaten alive in this place. The bullying I see in other students never get's resolved. I just tried to keep my problems to myself. Or I did until Ashleigh confronted me one day about why I was panicking so much.

Ash: "Hey are you ok?"

Zoey: "Yeah. I'm fine.Just. Did I do something wrong? I wasn't on my phone was I? Did the teacher call on me? Or did something else happen?"

Ash: "Zoey breathe you didn't do anything wrong. They were all staring at you because you were explaining the process to me. The teacher hadn't said anything about how to find it yet. You actually interrupted him and spoke about it loudly enough for the class to hear. Everyone was looking at you because of a mix of things, The fact you unknowingly interrupted a teacher, That you knew what was going on. Or just the simple fact that you must have gotten the right answer."

Zoey: "So I am going to get into trouble. Ash you don't get it I can't be found out to be the nerd here. They would tear me apart. And that's just the bullies."

Ash: "Breathe girl. Your going to be fine. If it makes you feel any better I think Landon was smiling at you. Maybe he was impressed."

Landon: "I was if I'm to be honest."

I looked over and saw Landon standing next to us. I could feel myself breathing quickly again. I didn't know how to react to this. I'm only a kid still. I have an education to worry about. I need to go to university. Or college or something. I can't let this get to me though. I'm smart enough. I can get through this. I felt Ash tighten her grip on my shoulder before looking over his way.