Subtelty

Rob's POV

Rob: "Hey Lachy."

Lachlan: "Hey Robby how's it goin mate?"

I watched the blonde Australian walk in my front door, putting his bag down just inside before half jumping in my arms. I always found myself preferring his company over the others but I'd just say that was due to us being on the outside when it came to the Pack. He was from Australia and I was from Canada. Even though Vik was British he had the Sidemen with him so he wasn't as alone as we were. He came over semi regularly and we were really good friends but I mean, sometimes friendships can only last so long before something happens.

Lachlan: "Rob. What's up, are you alright?"

Rob: "What?"

Lachlan: "Your still holding onto me."

Rob: "Can't hold a friend I haven't seen in a while?"

Lachlan: "Well yeah but still. I might get excited."

Rob: "I don't care. Get as excited as you want."

I heard him giggle to himself before he tightened his grip around me. Feeling his embrace made me smile to myself, I don't think he actually knew how much I liked him. Or at least that I liked him as more than a friend.

Rob: "Alright alright I'll let you go. You go grab your bags and take them up to your room. How long are you staying for?"

Lachlan: "As long as you will have me I guess."

Rob: "I mean end goal? When do you need to go back home?"

Lachlan: "Like I said. I'll leave when your sick of me."

Rob: "We're you kicked out or did you leave?"

Lachlan: "I left. I love Australia and I always will be an Aussie boy at heart. But after so long, and with this job taking up all of my time and effort having to record at stupid times with everyone. I thought it was better to move out and come over here. At least then I can have a somewhat decent schedule for not only uploading. But for just living as well. I might even get to sleep in every now and again. And I thought it would make it easier on you as well with two incomes coming in. I mean don't get me wrong I love Preston, Mitch and Jerome. I really do but at the same time. I feel like I'm more at home with you because we are so use to being on the outside you know?"

Rob: "Yeah I know what you mean. Alright go chuck your bags in your room and we can go get something to eat. How are you feeling after your flight?"

Lachlan: "I'm so fucking tired. Mate you honestly don't even know how exhausting it is, you would think after a few years of flying back and forward that you would get use to it but I feel like every trip just get's worse over time. I hate it to be honest so I'm kind of glad to be here. If you will have me at least."

If I will have you. Lachlan I can't fucking stop thinking about you. Honestly if I was going to be happy with anything it would be with you staying here. Now if I could get out of my head and talk to him about it that would be great.

Lachlan: "Zoning out again?"

Rob: "Just thinking about everything, And how this will open us up to a lot more video ideas with you being here."

Lachlan: "Your always thinking about YouTube aren't you?"

Rob: "Not always, but when your best friend and co-worker flies over from Australia unannounced and trusts you enough to let him stay. I'd say my mind goes to work."

Lachlan: "So if we were just casual friends. You would turn me away?"

Rob: "Lachy fuck off it's not like that you know I'd always have you here in a heart beat if I could."

Oh great work Rob a dob flob, your subtlety is so great you can't even tell him how you feel directly. No wonder I can't get a fucking job, I can't be honest or truthful. (Pew Pew)

Lachlan: "Well I'm glad you decided to let me stay.  I mean I'm sure I could have gone to Preston. Or even Ryan and Jerome but I would always prefer to come here."

Rob: "I'm surprised actually you didn't try to make Viklan real."

Lachlan: "Eh he has Kayleigh and she is a really sweet girl. And besides I doubt the Sidemen would be happy with me being around. Plus I fucking hate FIFA." (Also shots fired but I actually enjoy the game.)

(Wait hang on I'm feeling more shots incoming. *Reloads gun*)

Rob: "I think you would have more luck with them inducting you as a Sidemen than you would just living with them casually? You might even end up with Ethan or Tobi? Hell Harry seems to enjoy fucking goats or whatever they have in Guernsey so they may end up giving you his room with the Cal boys." (was that really a shot at Harry... I mean everyone does it. The shots I mean not the goat fucking.)

Lachlan: "It's fine mate. I would always prefer to come here if I have a choice. Plus it won't cost thousands of dollars to attend any conventions that are in America or here. It seemed like it would be better for me on paper and in theory."

Rob: "Any chance I get to see you is worth it. So I'd say I'm glad to have you."

I could see his smile light up as he looked at me, he was so fucking adorable. I kind of enjoyed the fact that even though I was much older than the other guys. Our fans didn't mind the fact that I was 31. Then again they probably thought I was younger... Or have a daddy kink.

(DON'T YOU KINK SHAME ME IN MY OWN STORY BITCH!)

Lachlan: "I'm going to go and put my stuff away. I feel like resting but I'm pretty hungry. Is it too late to get something to eat?"

Rob: "Lachlan it's 4 pm. Look outside the sun is still u ok so it might not be completely out but you get the idea."

I watched him grab his bags and take it up to the spare room. I will have to organise more bedsheets and blankets while he is here, make sure to alter my shopping list now, and yet still organise a diary for myself. With him staying here that would make this a bit easier. I mean I was living here comfortably by myself but at the end of the day I would like someone around all the time. And now my brother will be happy I won't be annoying him all the time. As I heard his foot steps coming down the stairs towards me. I grabbed my jacket and my wallet, making sure my keys and phone was already in my pocket. I heard him getting closer before he leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, causing my body to heat up before he held me tight.

Lachlan: "I've legit fucking missed you mate. I don't think you ever know how much I do miss your hugs, your the fucking best."

Rob: "So your one of those guys? Swearing all the time like a trooper?"

Lachlan: "I'm Australian. The fuck do you expect?" (... Yeah no shots here that's actually pretty fucking accurate.)

Rob: "Trust me, I'm happy your here. I might not show it but I do notice it when you leave. It's a lot more dreary and quiet."

Lachlan: "Would you say I light up your life?"

Yes

Rob: "Well you can tell when you arrive, and you can definitely tell when you leave. So yeah I'd say you light the place up. Whether your light up my life is a completely different story."

Lachlan: "Well when you figure out an ending let me know yeah?"

He let go of me and went to walk past me, instead I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me. Making sure to connect our lips together. His lips were a little rough and weathered. But that's what I like about him, he wasn't a soft guy and I knew that from when I visited Australia and met his friends and family. The people over there are not as soft and kind as you would think. They are rugged, down to earth no bullshit people. Hell I nearly ended up moving over to him. I felt him pull away from me and smile slowly to himself.

Lachlan: "So when I asked if I light up your life?"

Rob: "I never stop thinking about you and don't know what I would do without you."