Luke - try

A/n: last Luke part of this book 😩

^he still looks good in that suit^

...and like it's nearly the end?!

Your POV:
He found someone new to love. I watched as they fell in love more. It should've been us. There he was walking with his new girlfriend (hand in hand) as they messed around. He looked so happy with her. They're so in love. My heart shattered. I definitely wasn't good for him.

*flashback*

*end of flashback*

I was sat on the bench reading my book when it went slightly dark. I looked up seeing Luke standing over me. "Hey y/n." He said making me break into pieces. I couldn't say anything. "Are you ok?" He asked with worry in his eyes. "I-I'm fine." I stuttered before getting up and walking off.

- - - -

It was a new day I was trying not to notice Luke. Unfortunately that never worked as we work near each other. He works as a lifeguard and I work in a small cafe that him and his mates always come in.

The bell on the door went off as a new customer entered. "Y/n?" A familiar voice said. I stoped in my tracks grabbing a towel trying to make myself look busy. "I'm busy." I mumbled. "You are not. We need to talk." He said making me give in. Why do I give in so easily to this man??

I sighed placing the towel down. "I'm taking my break early." I told my boss as they let me leave. I followed Luke outside to somewhere quiet. "What's wrong y/n? You tell me your fine but you're really not so what's up? I'm all eyes and ears..." he said as we stopped then I gave him a confused look. He shook his head. "Luke we're no longer together so I don't see why I need to tell you." I said scratching the top of my head. He smiled. "We didn't end it on bad terms though did we. We can still chat to one another like nothing happened between us." He explained. Did he really just say that?!

My mouth fell open. "You really just said that?!" I asked in disbelief. "It wasn't meant to come out like that." He explained. "To get you out of my hair I'll just tell you so you can leave me alone... I let myself fall back into your eyes. A silly mistake for me to make really. My feeling for you came back. You're not mine anymore." I explained trying to keep it simple and tell him the truth. Not lie.

Luke placed his hands behind his neck making me sigh. "I'm sorry y/n." He said. "Why are you saying sorry? There's nothing to be sorry for. We're over and have been for a long time Luke. All I do is try to get over you but I'm terrible at it. We out grew the love I thought we had." I laughed out wiping my tears.

I told myself not to cry. I battered my eyelids to make the tears go away. "Are you sure you're ok?" He asked me. "Yes Luke I'm fine! I'm happy that you're finally happy and I hope you have a great time." I told him as I walked past him. "I'll never stop loving you y/n." He told me as I walked off quickly. The tears fell down my cheeks once again.