Joel - 3 months - pt 4

Your POV:
Charlie and I broke up. Yeah I'm not having much luck with guys at the moment. One minute they say they love me and then the run off. Typical. I was in a good mood today. 1 it was my day off and 2 I was going to see Charlie. That's if he answers his messages. He's been distant recently but I didn't want to speculate things so I brushed it off. My phone went ping so I grabbed it looking at the text that made my face drop.

I'm sorry y/n but we can't date anymore. Please don't try and contact me.

That was the text. The text that ruined everything.

- - - -

The sun wasn't shining as it was cloudy. I felt like rubbish today. I had work even though I wanted the day off. I arrived at work with somewhat of a happy face. "Morning." I mumbbled to them all. "Woke up on the wrong side of the bed did we?" Chappo laughed. I rolled my eyes. I grabbed my radio and binoculars heading out towards the sand where Dylan was waiting for me in the rhino. "What's up?" Dylan asked. "Nothing." I replied. "You say it's nothing but it is something so what's up?" He asked again. "My heart just got broke again in the space of 3 months." I sighed trying not to cry. Dylan stopped the rhino at the spot we were at for the day. He leaned over giving me a hug as I hugged him back. "It's ok. You'll find someone better soon." He smiled. I nodded my head. I love working with Dylan as he always makes me feel better.

Lunch came around fast. I ate my food and talked to the others for a bit up in the tower. The tower door opened and a few of the guys walked in. I picked up my phone looking at it then sighing placing it down. "You alright y/n?" Joel asked. "Yeah I guess." I mumbled walking out of the tower. My shift went by slowly but also near the end of it it went by fast. Thankfully. After a long day I made my way home. It started to rain heavily and I got soaked. Now that made my day 10x worse. Ugh why me?! Once I got in I immediately went for a shower then got wrapped up warm.

It was late in the evening around 10:30pm and there was a knock at my door. Who could be knocking at my door at this time of night?? I thought. I sighed getting up opening the door seeing Joel stand there. Soaking wet. "Come in." I said grabbing his hand pulling him in. He was literally drenched. "Let me get you a towel and a set of clothes." I said to him. I still have some of Joel's clothes in my place. I just never got round to giving them back to him. I made a warm drink for us both. I handed it to him taking a seat next to him. He smiled. "Thank you." He whispered. We sat in silence for a while. "I came here to talk y/n." Joel said. I nodded my head. "This wasn't how it was meant to end. None of this would've happened if I didn't go to that stupid party." Joel explained. "I forgive you Joel." I told him. He looked over at me. "Are you serious?" He said to me. I nodded my head. "Yes. People make mistakes sometimes. Some you can forgive and some you can't. I thought for weeks and I came to conclusion that I should forgive you so I do." I told him. Joel smiled. I missed seeing that smile of his.

Joel took a sip of his drink. "3 months I kicked myself for. 3 months of us not being together. I could've come over and speak to you but you probably didn't want me too. I want you to know I didn't want to let you go. I didn't want to say goodbye. It was so hard to say goodbye." He said. "It was hard for me too." I said holding his hand. "I think you should know that deep down I never meant to hurt you. I instantly regretted it and always will. I just want you to know that I will always love you and support your decisions that you make unless they're stupid ones." Joel told me making me laugh. I smiled. "I know someday it'll all work out." I told him. Joel smiled. I love his smile. "Thank you for this." He said as we hugged. We said our goodbyes before he headed back to his for the night.