Jethro - backyard

Your POV:
Due to restrictions in the NSWs area we have to limit the amount of people we see and other important restrictions too. Jethro thought of a good idea. Camping in the backyard. So that's what we're going to do today. Set it all up.

Jethro walked into the bedroom just as I woke up. "Good morning beautiful." He smiled laying back down besides me. I hid my face in the covers. "Morning." I said releasing my face. He got under the covers with me wrapping his arms around me. We hugged. "Still up for today?" He asked looking down at me. "Yeah." I replied stretching a little.

The two of us eventually got out of bed. "Breakfast time." I said heading into the kitchen. Jethro followed behind me. "What do you fancy?" I asked looking through the fridge. "Anything." He said. "Ok then." I smiled taking out the eggs. I cooked up something for us both too eat. Jethro helped me out and soon we got eating.

We both finished breakfast. "I love you." I said as he walked out of the room. "What was that?" He asked turning around with a smirk on his face. "I. LOVE. YOU." I exclaimed making him smiled. "Ahh I love you." He replied with a smile. The two of us soon got to work.

I grabbed a tent from under the stairs. I made my way outside to where Jethro was. "Here's the tent." I smiled handing it over. I took out the instructions and began to read them. Jethro looked up at me. "Babe we don't need the instructions. You've got me." Jethro said winking at the end of that. I laughed. "Oh Jethro." I exclaimed making him laugh too. The two of us got to work putting the tent up and making it look all cosy. It was warm out and the was a low chance that it was going to rain so I think we're good.

- - - -

The evening soon came around and we got the final things ready. We even had our dinner outside as that's what Jethro insisted on. I wasn't complaining. He got what he wanted. "Let's sit around the fire place for a bit." He said as I saw it light up. It was only a small one which mostly won't last long. Probably about an hour, depending.

We sat opposite one another. "What's one thing you would like to happen next year?" He asked me. I had to think. "Definitely for things to get back to normal, hopefully. Go on adventures around the country with you and then my friends. I'm not sure what about you?" I asked. "Well first of I'll agree with everything you just said. Also maybe take our relationship to the next step." He smirked. "What are you trying to say Mr?" I asked raising my eyebrows. "Oh nothing my love." He smiled. We sat back and talked for more until the fire soon died out then Jethro sorted it out before we headed over to the tent for bed.

The two of us laid back and looked up at the sky. "This is pretty." I said looking at all the stars. "You should come with me and Joel when we go camping. You'll love it." Jethro smiled. "Sounds like fun." I replied as we continued to look up at the stars.

Not one of us said a word as we were taking in the view. "I hope one day the two of us can do this again in the future, when we're married and have our kids." Jethro said (a few minutes later) as we held hands. I turned my head. "You want to marry me?" I asked giving him the puppy eyes. Jethro smiled still looking up at the sky. "Of course. That's my plan. Do you want to marry me?" He asked. "Of course I do Jethro." I told him. "Then it's settled. We'll get married." He said making me smile so much. I can't wait for that day to happen.

A/n: now this was cute 🥺

I'm working on a part 2 to this so that will be posted in book 3 as it fits well with how I've planned it, in a way 😂